Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 08:11 PM

Default 002 and PA routing.. sort of OT?

Alright here's the deal... My band is on the search for a PA and we don't want to spend more than $1000. We need something that can play sample loops and produce a good vocal quality.. We've stripped our sessions to only the loops and click. Is there anyway on the 002 to send JUST the loops and everything thru the PA, and the click separately to my drummer with headphones or in ears? Or is this PA specific? Thanks guys
-shawn
Old 07-19-2006, 08:20 PM

Default Re: 002 and PA routing.. sort of OT?

just use the interface outputs. send everything but the click to say interface output 1-2 to a stereo input or 2 channels on the board and the click out thru say interface outputs 3-4 to the board and use a pre fader send to the headphones which you should do already, and turn the fader on that channel down and there you go, click to just a headphone send of your choice and not to mains. just make sure the board your looking for has pre fader sends or pre fader aux's on it. most boards for live will cause that is how you do the headphone sends anyway in most cases.

does that make sense to you?? or answer your question?? that is how i understood the question. good luck and let us know.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-20-2006, 04:45 AM

Quote:
just use the interface outputs. send everything but the click to say interface output 1-2 to a stereo input or 2 channels on the board and the click out thru say interface outputs 3-4 to the board and use a pre fader send to the headphones which you should do already, and turn the fader on that channel down and there you go, click to just a headphone send of your choice and not to mains. just make sure the board your looking for has pre fader sends or pre fader aux's on it. most boards for live will cause that is how you do the headphone sends anyway in most cases.

does that make sense to you?? or answer your question?? that is how i understood the question. good luck and let us know.
So I am taking the outs from my 002 and sending them to the mixer? I get that part, but the pre fader send to the click is confusing me a little bit. I know what the pre fader send means, but why do you even have to use a send if you could just send it to that channel and control the fader that way? Thanks man.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:18 AM

in a real setup all monitoring is done pre fader.
unless you have a desk with sub groups any channel fader up will go to L-R or if its a crappie wackie you can just use the mute to solve that problem.

no need to run the click in stereo either