Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2004, 09:30 AM

Default Anyone using wireless keyboard and mouse?

What brands are you using?
How are they working for you?
How far from the computer does it allow you to be?

Thanks,
Allen
Old 01-01-2004, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Anyone using wireless keyboard and mouse?

Have Logitech wireless with optical mouse. Works flawlessly. Have yet used it only in distances of up to ~ 4 meters.
According to a statement of a well respected tech magazine such systems should be reliable up to 5 meters distance. However, I could think of higher distances if it was without barriers between transmitter and receiver.

Lalaman

Old 01-01-2004, 09:43 AM

I dont know about the keyboards, but I have an MS IntelliMouse - one of the optical ones. It works ok, but you should always have a large supply of batteries on hand if you are one to leave your computer on all the time. Mine really eats up the batteries. The first few times it happened to me, I was convinced that my machine was crashing because you cant do a thing with the pointer. Its quite aggravating.
I finally opted for the plain old run of the mill mouse for my studio machine, rather than the optical mouse. It seems to react more precisely.
Happy New Year!
Kev

Old 01-01-2004, 11:04 AM

An associate of mine is using a big Logtech one with success.

Carl Fuehrer

Pulsar Audio Lab
Old 01-01-2004, 12:16 PM

Hey Allen, I have the Microsoft optical wireless desktop kb and mouse. I use a non-wireless mouse on my pt machine for the reasons mentioned by graveleye. In the past I used an "airboard" which is a keyboard/joystick combo, but I got tired of the joystick and the keyboard had to be pointed at the reciever which didn't work with my studio set up.

The first time I got the keyboard I went all around my house starting and stopping my PTLE session without any hickups so I'd say the range is about 80 ft or more. It's been good on batteries for six months and counting, so no problems there either. I would highly recommend this kb, and I don't know what I'd do without my five button optical Microsoft mouse. I've got it set to toggle between the mix and edit window, start and stop, rewind and fast forward. Hope that helps.