Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2002, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Virus Indigo Preset Questions

I lost all my presets too. Thanks for letting me know they are in the trash...I'll go get them now !!
Old 12-02-2002, 04:00 AM

Where is the upgrade? Does it cost $$$?

Thanx!
Old 12-02-2002, 01:50 PM

digi,

I'm still waiting for some answers!

It's too late for the 'can Digi supply JUST the new
presets as a seperate download" thing, for me, but others would still benefit from that. also, please do this the next time there are new presets.

-See my other questions as well.

=============================================

WHILE I'M DREAMING:

So many people have complained about the difficulty in auditioning and sorting Virus/ Indigo presets. It's great that so many presets are available, but that also compounds the problem.

The ultimate solution would be something like this:

Start with a "master preset area" wherein all the presets reside, possibly utilizing seperate folders for the various categories( Bass, leads, etc, such as the Indigo currently has.) Now, what do you do when one preset is good for more than one application? You then need some kind of "preset application page." In other words, you don't actually use the presets in the master preset area. You create aliases for those presets and load the aliases into various "preset application pages." (or "banks") Presets get STORED to the master area, but can be loaded from either area. Additionally, an entire bank could be loaded into the synth at once.

Thus, the presets are organized in the same way a hardware synth stores patches. Nothing earth-shaking about this idea. A few soft-synths currently do this (Absynth, FM7.)
Old 12-03-2002, 07:43 PM

Quote:
why is it better than the Virus plug? Mainly because it is a Virus B, instead of Virus A.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was hoping it was a "C" !!!
Are we perpetually one step behind in TDM?
Is the Indigo TDM like the original Indigo and not like the Indigo2? I was hoping that we would now be up to date.

I'm now waiting for my upgrade - I ordered it today.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:51 AM

Ya' think Digi will ever answer my questions?

Ethan, the upgrade is $95.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:25 PM

Same old Digi. Why do we bother asking questions?
Old 12-11-2002, 07:54 PM
Avid

Speer,

I hope the following clarifies some of the Indigo issues for you.

The Indigo and "classic" Virus presets may have the same name but be different, for example in output level or potentially taking advantage of the new parameters. Then again some might be 100% identical. We do not have all 1500 Virus presets documented in such detail, so users should keep around a copy of their original presets just in case they need it.

The installer should copy the old settings files into a "Virus" folder into the new "Indigo" settings folder (we apologize for the unintended installer issue) because settings might indeed be different. As of now you should move your existing Virus presets before installing Indigo.

The .tfx extension has been added to make sounds Windows-conform so you can now use identical preset files on both Mac OS 9 and Windows XP (and of course upcoming OS X).

There are also many presets that are not part of the factory set. Therefore, there may indeed be more presets available than what the Indigo installer will install. Another reason to keep your old presets folder around just in case.

Here’s a link to the LBTI

http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=25958

Regards,
Digi Tech Support
Old 12-12-2002, 01:30 PM

I gotta say, I was a quite disappointed to find out that the Indigo upgrade isn't offered with any alternate authorization method for non-usb non-iLok machines. While that's been a common trend for HD versions of plugins, it hasn't generally been the case for others, where at least challenge/response is usually an option. Real, real disappointing.

Tom