Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Avid

Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Reich View Post
Actually, it seems to work flawlessly in some networks, while not at all in others. I never had any connection problems at all, even though I have a very heterogen network setup, with 2 routers, different controllers, etc.

But the real question of this thread is, why none of the euphonix guys ever reacted in any way to us customers. They still sell this underdeveloped stuff to a horrendous price and don't act on the urging problems of the community.

Eucon causes mouse driver problems, stability problems, connection problems, loss of settings, driver crashes, bad Windows and OS X 10.8 (Retina support) implementation ... did I forget something?

These are no minor glitches! They really ruin the whole usability of the platform and at least some of those should be pretty easy to fix. Don't they care at all, how they are perceived by their customers?

Has there ever been a direct post of an AVID guy on this forum?
Look guys, if you want productive dialog and help, post about specific issues one at a time. Aggressive rants like this, listing generic accusations of poor implementation, just color the product and technology negatively.

I've been working with EUCON and the Artist Series for five years. It's come a long way and it's not perfect, but it's the best small controller solution on the market with the biggest network of partners and the deepest integration. We are working hard on technology that makes your passion and your work easier and more efficient.

When a new hardware or an OS update happen, it takes time for us to qualify the Avid universe of products. We don't have a personal shopper in the R&D room of other companies who just shows up with prototypes for us to test and develop on.

I know that there are issues on some networks, and we are working on that. I know there hasn't been a release in some time - but that's good news.

The gap between releases should be perceived by you as an opportunity for us to take on large technical initiatives, not as an abandonment of the platform.

I'm sorry I can't just post our roadmap and third party development communication on the forum for everyone to see. Avid is a publicly traded company, and I would get fired and possibly arrested if I did that.

Thanks for hanging in there.
JC
Old 08-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Avid

Quote:
Actually, 9 months seems to be a very long time. Meanwhile it does not seem, as if any 3rd party companies are jumping on. Adobe for instance told me, they where developing MC Transport support for Premiere, which was the reason to buy the controller in the first place, allthough I am also using it with Cubase, so it's not a total loss. Mentioning that btw, I have to reinstall the whole controller setup every time I start Cubase, so it is not so easy to cope with either.

Adobe also told me, they ceased any further development for the Artist series!

Doesn't look good :-(
Damien, I am sending you a PM about this.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Who told you that? Audition just came out with EUCON/Artist Series support just this past spring.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:14 PM

I don't have many problems with the controllers. I would be very happy if the shuttle wheel worked with Logic, right now it's completely random and unusable.

I would also really like the option for linear knob movement, turning the knobs slowly on a lot of 3rd party plugins right now is counter-productive, you have to get it at just the right speed to move parameters past 0.01 increments.

Those two things, I hope are on the list. I've noticed some minor things which I'll be submitting to avid directly as time allows..
Old 08-10-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Apart from the audio area for instance, there is a lot of demand for the MC Transport from video editors, but it doesn't work with Premiere Pro and AE. I know a lot of video guys, waiting for this thing to work, but when I spoke to Adobe they said, there was no working communication with AVID and so they weren't interested to integrate it anymore, after the problems they had integrating EuCon into Audition.
Hi Damien,

My name is Durin Gleaves and I'm on the product team for Adobe Audition. I'm not sure who you spoke with that implied Adobe has ceased support for the Eucon Artist control surfaces, but I can say that this is emphatically NOT the case for Audition. We are investigating to make sure this decision hasn't been made by other product teams, but as of right now, I'm unaware that Premiere Pro has made such an announcement.

I'll post an update when I have confirmation, but we've really liked using the Artist controller series. They're phenomenal surfaces and our relationship working with Avid on implementation has been very good.

Thanks,
Durin Gleaves
Old 08-11-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charles the Audible View Post
Who told you that? Audition just came out with EUCON/Artist Series support just this past spring.
Actually, I already mentioned that in a former post.

As I am very interested in support for Premiere Pro, I called Adobe support and asked, if it was to be implemented in later versions of Premiere and after checking with their HQ they told me, that was not going to happen, because of different reasons (see my earlier posts on that).
Old 08-11-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurinGleaves View Post
Hi Damien,

My name is Durin Gleaves and I'm on the product team for Adobe Audition. I'm not sure who you spoke with that implied Adobe has ceased support for the Eucon Artist control surfaces, but I can say that this is emphatically NOT the case for Audition. We are investigating to make sure this decision hasn't been made by other product teams, but as of right now, I'm unaware that Premiere Pro has made such an announcement.

I'll post an update when I have confirmation, but we've really liked using the Artist controller series. They're phenomenal surfaces and our relationship working with Avid on implementation has been very good.

Thanks,
Durin Gleaves
Hi Durin,

thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in earlier posts, my statement related to an upcoming support for Premiere Pro, which to my knowledge was planned for CS6 and is now postponed indefinitely, because of differences with AVID. I have been in contact with the german support and they told me, they checked back with Adobe HQ. So, THAT was their statements, before and after releasing CS6. If that information is incorrect, I would really be glad, because I like the controllers myself a lot, allthough there are still very annoying bugs. I would really love to see MC Transport working in Premiere because it is absolutely superior to the Shuttle Pro, which I am using for now.
And being able to control the track automation with Control or Mix, would make my cutting life a lot easier too (and I guess not only mine).

Regards,
Damien.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:24 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
I don't have many problems with the controllers. I would be very happy if the shuttle wheel worked with Logic, right now it's completely random and unusable.

I would also really like the option for linear knob movement, turning the knobs slowly on a lot of 3rd party plugins right now is counter-productive, you have to get it at just the right speed to move parameters past 0.01 increments.

Those two things, I hope are on the list. I've noticed some minor things which I'll be submitting to avid directly as time allows..
The shuttle wheel hasn't been working since day 1. It just jumps to the beginning of the project randomly.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Avid

Damien you can use Transport with Premiere today. You simply need to create a softkey map with EuControl. In fact, email me and I will send you one I made for IBC 2010, where I demonstrated Transport with Premiere and Media Composer before they wrote their EUCON adapters.

Xill, our good friends at Logic need to fix their shuttle wheel. They have to make a change in a point release. In the meantime, if they support variable playback speeds you can assign one to each zone of the shuttle wheel in EuControl.

JC
Old 08-12-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
Damien you can use Transport with Premiere today. You simply need to create a softkey map with EuControl. In fact, email me and I will send you one I made for IBC 2010, where I demonstrated Transport with Premiere and Media Composer before they wrote their EUCON adapters.

JC
Hi JC,

I would be really thankful, if you could send me a working softkey map for Premiere. I found some instructions on the net, but nothing worked on my machine. If you could PM me, this would be great!

BTW, I am not trying to rant on the platform. As I said, I like it very much, when it works. And you would have to agree, there are problems.

Damien.