Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2003, 11:02 PM

Default What happened to Mojo support in 6.1?

Wasn't Mojo on the list announced at NAB?
Old 07-26-2003, 04:33 PM

Default Re: What happened to Mojo support in 6.1?

Yes, it was. We were supposed to have it for version 6.1, as per the announcement at NAB.
Old 07-26-2003, 04:34 PM

Oh, thanks for your reply.

Digidesign, can you comment?
Old 07-26-2003, 05:05 PM

At Nab they told me that it would be available on third quarter. Nice tinghee.
Old 07-26-2003, 05:14 PM

Ummm, a bit off topic, but did you, Dan Pinder, just ask a question, answer it yourself, then thank yourself for answering it?

If you were trying to be funny, I'm laughing. If you didn't expect that anybody would notice that, then I'm very sad for you right now.

Hopefully it was a joke. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2003, 05:30 AM

Hello. Dan Mojo hasn't even been released yet by Avid. And when you say 'support', what do you mean? As you well know, Pro Tools is an audio system, Mojo a video one. Unless you plan to edit video, Mojo is a $1400 video capture/playback solution. Do you really want to spend that much money, when you can have the exact same functionality with a $200 card or interface? If you do plan on editing video, Pro Tools 'support' will be the same as all other Avid products. OMF and now AAF and MXF exchange. Besides there's also the upcoming Avid Free. That may be the video capture solution at the right price, along with iMovie. There are a lot of much cheaper playback options.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:20 AM

Yes, it was a sort of a joke in the service of bumping this thread without saying "bump". I hate "Bump". (Kind of a Phil Hendry thing, for those of you in the know...(

Froyo, the Mojo is going to be supported by Pro Tools as a video playback device (if it can record into PT like AV Option that would be fab). The Avid tour that went round in June apparently showed this relationship at work and the support for the box was in the 6.1 announcement from NAB. I had heard the Mojo was actually shipping (apparently not) so that might explain why it doesn't appear in any of the 6.1 documentation. I suppose it will come as an update later this year.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Froyo:
Mojo is a $1400 video capture/playback solution. Do you really want to spend that much money, when you can have the exact same functionality with a $200 card or interface? There are a lot of much cheaper playback options.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not quite the exact same functionality. I currently use a canopus and an MJPEG-A card. The Mojo is the only one that will natively, and with hardware acceleration, play back Avid Meridian codec'd quicktime movies. This is what I'm after.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:23 AM

Hello. Dan $1400 is a lot for video playback, especially when there are other much cheaper alternatives that work right now. But you were typing your response about Meridian right when I did mine. It seems to me like a long and expensive way to go to achieve what can be achieved simpler and cheaper otherwise. What is it about the Avid Meridian QuickTime's that you need that you otherwise don't get as it is now? Also, what do you mean by support? Pro Tools and your computer will just send the Mojo video signal. Is this what you mean by support?
Old 07-27-2003, 10:35 AM

Hey Dan guess what I just came across in the Post forum. Duc member 'gallery', a rep from Gallery, just posted this over there
Quote:
You may be interested to learn that Gallery are about to release a new application which converts OMF media into QuickTime.

So you can take a raw OMF video file in ABVB or Meridien compressed format, and convert it to a QuickTime movie in any standard codec format (eg. MJPEGA, or DV).

This works on OS9 and OSX, and offers users the ability to accept picture from Avid's but play them back with VirtualVTR, or any other QuickTime playback option for Pro Tools.

This app will initially be available bundled with VirtualVTRPro, but may be made available stand alone if there is sufficient demand.

Contact me for more information or a demo version. [email protected]
because its such a new product, there is no product information on the web yet.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yet another option to consider. Good luck!