Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 03:12 PM

Default Orchestral Library+Sampler Platform Suggestions

ever since the demise of SampleCell i have been pasting patching my orchestral palette as well as considering the wisdom of tossing everything and starting over with VSL or similar. i bought Motu's Symphonic Instrument, which is a good value although rather limited in scope and fidelity. now i am ready to take the plunge into something substantial, which i will use within both ProTools and Logic7 environments. i would love to hear user comments on the orchestral palettes out there in terms of sound quality, interface, ease of use, value etc. i have heard the results of giga (impressive) but am hoping to run everything within one machine, my G5.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Orchestral Library+Sampler Platform Suggestion

if you can afford it (and it has to be on a G5) ...

East West Quantum Leap Symphony Orchestra Platinum and Platinum XP. excellent. if you know what you are doing, believeable. (but over $4000 USD...and that was on a deal...) comes with the Kontakt Sample player. no problems. get lots of RAM and a big fast HD to put them on.

i have yet to try the Vienna stuff, but being on a mac, i couldn't go there with one machine. there are a few Vienna users here that will chime in (Lee Blaske?) ... i know they sound different, maybe even better. but how to do it on one G5, i dunno...

EWQLSO does not suck.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash