Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Default Strange Master Fader Issue

We are using PT 8 w/ last years Mac Pro 8 core running an HD3 system. We started experiencing a major problem with a Master Fader.

The right side of the Master Fader won't pass audio. We buss all our tracks through an aux 1st so we can print final mix stems within PT. (We have been doing this for several years with no issues.) That aux is passing audio fine but the Master Fader is only passing the left side audio. This has also happened a few times when we send audio out an I/O (5/6) to go to some analog processing gear and then back into PT.

It finally works correctly if we instantiate a plug-in on the Master Fader. This seems to 'clear out' something?

We've trashed the usual DAE pref, etc. and that hasn't fixed the issue. We ran DigiTest and the cards are all fine. Our 192 passes audio correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Strange Master Fader Issue

Sounds like a re-install, and make sure you are using the newest version of the "stereo Mixer, stereo dithered mixer, surround mixer and surround dithered mixer."

If you upgraded without a complete uninstall you may be using the 7.4 mixer plug ins. That could be causing it... maybe.
Avid HD Native PCIe Core | Pro Tools HD 2018.1
Old 03-04-2009, 10:03 AM

I have a similar issue where if i leave my system idle i cant pass audio through optical SPDIF into PT. My solution is to deactivate and re-activated the i/o on the master or Aux and everything works fine.

PT8.0.0CS2 HD2, G5
Old 03-04-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFord View Post
Sounds like a re-install, and make sure you are using the newest version of the "stereo Mixer, stereo dithered mixer, surround mixer and surround dithered mixer."

If you upgraded without a complete uninstall you may be using the 7.4 mixer plug ins. That could be causing it... maybe.
We did uninstall before we upgraded. Things have worked fine since last December till now. We are going to do an uninstall / reinstall and see if that fixes it.