How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 12-22-2011, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Warning: DD client is not supported on OS X 10.7 Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Just came across this (whilst looking for something else on the unfathomable Avid website):
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...3=1450&Hilite=

Or is this old?

Pete
Wow. Nice catch! This is new. I´m glad they released this. Interestingly this seems to be build 459 while the latest beta I had ended at build 458.

This should give you a couple of extra years with DD. 458 has been pretty solid for the last 2 years.

AVID, thanks for making this available. I´ve been flooded with inquiries about the beta but wash´t sure about the NDA situation. I´m glad this is over.

Frank.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Yes, this is good news indeed.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 PM

Very very very very very nice
Old 01-25-2012, 05:58 AM

IMHO, Digidelivery was a good product that AVID foolishly sold to someone else to do further development on.
Well, Aspera essentially killed it. I was offered a great trade in offer of $8,800.00 for Aspera's software solution.
Well, that might fly (and has) for Mega Companies like Disney, Sony and others, but it leaves us small to mid size companies with a $4K whole in our pocket.
Since most of my projects are small I've turned to You Send It.
Granted the file limitations are smaller and security is not as good, but I can buy decades of YSI subscriptions for $8800.00.
What a waste. No return on investment whatsoever.

AVID, why do you do me like this?

HDX 10.1 (2 Cards)
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.4Ghz Westmere 26 gig Ram
Icon D-Control, Two 192HD 16x16 analog and 8x8x8 Avid Mojo, Sync HDI/O
Old 01-25-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakdale Post View Post
IMHO, Digidelivery was a good product that AVID foolishly sold to someone else to do further development on.
Well, Aspera essentially killed it. I was offered a great trade in offer of $8,800.00 for Aspera's software solution.
Well, that might fly (and has) for Mega Companies like Disney, Sony and others, but it leaves us small to mid size companies with a $4K whole in our pocket.
Since most of my projects are small I've turned to You Send It.
Granted the file limitations are smaller and security is not as good, but I can buy decades of YSI subscriptions for $8800.00.
What a waste. No return on investment whatsoever.

AVID, why do you do me like this?
They release a client that will work now.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakdale Post View Post
No. The DD server idea had already plateaued and began its decline when Avid sold it to Aspera. Avid built it but the projected masses did not come. Aspera wanted the patented technology, not the box.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-06-2012, 03:00 PM

I was really excited by Avid posting the Lion client for DigiDelivery, esp. hoping that it would buy me time to find the $20,000 or so to upgrade to Aspera's faspex server. (the writing is definitely on the wall, floor, ceiling for DigiDelivery, and I haven't found another solution that we could host - we use it widely for internal use).

Unfortunately, I immediately found one way in which it is definitely not fully baked.

When I tried to open a delivery while on our office network, the Lion client couldn't connect to the server, throwing up an error indicating that it was trying to connect to the external IP address for our server, even though there is an internal DNS entry for it. Trying the same delivery outside of the office worked just fine.

Oddly, I can send Digis (the login uses the canonical hostname, not the IP address), but I can’t download that same Digi.

Has anyone else seen this kind of problem? I never had this problem with the official Digi client.

As I mentioned, we use DigiDelivery extensively internally (since we have to send the same material to a combination of internal & external recipients), so this is really problematic. Being able to use the local network speeds is a not insignificant issue as well.

I’d love to hear people’s thoughts about this. I wish I could pass this feedback along to someone who could actually do something about this, but I have no idea who that would be (Avid? Aspera?). There’s no feedback link on the download page...

Hopefully this will get fixed, but it’s hard to be optimistic...

Tim King
Towers IT Administrator
[email protected]
Old 03-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Thank goodness for this list. Found the Lion version, and am downloading mission-critical files right now...
Old 05-10-2012, 12:57 PM

Thank god for the DUC. This post just saved me a big pain-in-the-ass to take our old LE rig off mothballs just to deliver an ADR session to a client who still has DigiDelivery. Aspera's official line that the best option is for me to tell them to buy a new server is ridiculous, especially when the software evidently has been written. I don't doubt the older servers are obsolete, but please, there are a bunch of them still out there and still doing their jobs just fine, thank you.