Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-24-2018, 10:13 AM

Default No more input from Mbox Pro 3 into Pro Tools 11 on Mojave?

I have a MBP w/ 16gb ram, 750gb ssd, etc that (fortunately or unfortunately) upgraded to Mojave OSX. I have Pro Tools 11 with an Avid Mbox Pro 3. Everything has usually worked great, until the update. Now I can not get an input level from the mbox into pro tools. The mbox is updated and both the inputs and outputs are coming in/out of OSX (I can hear sound outputting from the MBP through the mbox interface, and I can see/hear mic levels coming into the MBP from the mbox interface). However, though Pro Tools still recognizes the mbox and its inputs/outputs, it will only output sound through the mbox. No levels come to PT through the input from the mbox.

Any advice?

Thank you!!

SOLVED:
System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy > Microphone > Allow Pro Tools Access

No idea why this is relevant or why it works but it does! In case anyone in my boat from the interwebs runs in to the same problem. Corrected the identical problem with Ableton Live also

Last edited by DrFox; 10-25-2018 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Solved
Old 10-24-2018, 10:42 AM

Default Re: No more input from Mbox Pro 3 into Pro Tools 11 on Mojave?

Pro Tools 11 is not supported on Mojave or any recent macOS release. What insanity thought upgrading this Mac would be a good idea? No version of Pro Tools is officially supported on Mojave. And in-situ upgrades of MacOS are a bad idea anyhow, and discouraged by Avid, so if you care about Pro Tools stability, don't do them.

Your choices...

1. Take the carefully made backup you made before upgrading and roll back to that....

2. Or upgrade to Pro Tools 2018.10 which so far seems to work for some folks on Mojave. And start doing backups.

3. Or clone/backup what you have now just in case. Then grab a spare external SSD or partition on the drive (or make on if space) reinstall a supported Mac OS version and Pro Tools 11 on that partition, test, and when ready clone to the boot partition.

4. You could try standard troubleshooting for the problems, trashing prefs, defaulting IO, testing with new empty sessions, etc. but that may all be a waste of time. And even if it fixes this problem you may have others. Your choice.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Pro Tools 11 is not supported on Mojave or any recent macOS release. What insanity thought upgrading this Mac would be a good idea? No version of Pro Tools is officially supported on Mojave. And in-situ upgrades of MacOS are a bad idea anyhow, and discouraged by Avid, so if you care about Pro Tools stability, don't do them.

Your choices...

1. Take the carefully made backup you made before upgrading and roll back to that....

2. Or upgrade to Pro Tools 2018.10 which so far seems to work for some folks on Mojave. And start doing backups.

3. Or clone/backup what you have now just in case. Then grab a spare external SSD or partition on the drive (or make on if space) reinstall a supported Mac OS version and Pro Tools 11 on that partition, test, and when ready clone to the boot partition.

4. You could try standard troubleshooting for the problems, trashing prefs, defaulting IO, testing with new empty sessions, etc. but that may all be a waste of time. And even if it fixes this problem you may have others. Your choice.
You're rude btw, I couldn't not say something. Seriously, wow
Old 10-26-2018, 09:44 AM

Go to the securities preferences and approve the microphone input

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.