Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2009, 04:08 PM

Default Cannot Connect V-Drums to Pro Tools

Hello all,

Having a bit of an issue connecting my Roland V-Drums (TD-4) to Pro Tools. I've been researching it, and everyone says it is as easy as connecting the MIDI cable to the Digi 003 Rack, setting an instrument track, setting that to MIDI All, and to start recording. The issue with that is that there is no "MIDI All" setting that comes up in the I/O settings. It only shows the normal Audio, ADAT, and Spidif inputs. I also read somewhere that there is a MIDI enable thing you have to do when you install Pro Tools that may not have been done, but I wanted to confirm that before I tried re-installing the program.

I've also tried creating a MIDI track, but my only input choices are "All" and "BFD2 1 (out)" The output of the MIDI track can go to BDF2, but if I select that, the MIDI input changes to All automatically.

I've also tried mapping through MIDI studio, but it does not let me select a MIDI port for import. I am VERY new at using MIDI, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am getting really frustrated trying to get this going. I am running the latest version of Pro Tools, too, if that helps.

Oh, and I have been able to use my Axiom 25 to record MIDI data, but that is plugged in through the USB port of my computer, not the MIDI port.

I also see the MIDI in light on my 003 blink when hitting the drums, but for some reason, I can't get that MIDI data out to a track.

Basically, I am trying to use my V-Drums to record drum data, and then plan on using BFD 2 to get better drum sounds for my final mix.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Rob