Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2012, 04:10 AM

Default No Sound Playback

I recently set up my new Pro Tools SE Vocal studio but have no sound when I playback my recordings, I cant even get any sound from the sample loops.

The levels move up and down when im recording so im doing something.

Im using a HP Pro Book laptop.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:53 PM

Default Re: No Sound Playback

Hey Joe,

I don't have the Vocal Studio setup myself, so any advice I give is from what I have seen others struggle with.

I do believe that when you use the Vocal Studio Mic, it registers itself in Windows as it's own audio output, and by default you need to use the headphone jack output on the mic itself to hear any audio. They do it this way so that you don't play back your recordings through speakers while laying down new tracks, to avoid feedback.

If you want to use your speakers instead, you will need to go to the sound properties in Control Panel, and select your normal speakers as the default device. If you are on Windows 7, see my screenshot below for a reference.

http://db.tt/Bhrx4iXt