Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-12-2020, 11:17 AM

Default PT 12 & iLOK Not Shaking Hands Help Please

Hi there,

I am a current Avid/Protools Owner. Listed within mny products page are PT10, PT11, and PT 12.

I removed PT11 and Installed PT12 (from my products page) during the installation Avid's software installer says "update Pace Security, Updating iLOK authorization.

Then when I start PT12 it states it can not locate my iLOK? The software recognized the iLOK during installation, but nopt at start up?.

I checked my Ilok, newer version 2, functioning. My iLOK manager works and I can see my various products Avid specifically only PT10 and PT11 is listed, Despite the installation stating my iLOK was successfully updated and activated for PT12? I can call next week, but I am hoping someone see's this and corrects the missing association that occurred with my iLOK during the Install process.

Thank you, and everyone have a great day.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:10 PM

Default Re: PT 12 & iLOK Not Shaking Hands Help Please

You might need to transfer your PT12 asset to the physical iLok as it might be in your account but not on the actual dongle.

From memory though, I though the 10/11/12 assets were one single bundle. IIRC, they separated them when they went to the 2018/2019 etc. naming convention. I could be remembering that incorrectly though.

That’s the first place I’d look. Make sure the assets isn’t waiting to be transferred. Like when you buy a new plugin and the asset is deposited into your account, but you need to physically transfer it to the iLok dongle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2020, 03:22 PM

Default Re: PT 12 & iLOK Not Shaking Hands Help Please

Excellent idea, I checked my iLOK account online and the website stated there were no "pending" assets or "activations". I was thinking I had to de-activate 11 before I could use 12? I think that is what i did when I went from 10 to 11 but not certain.

It's strange because the software while installing PT12 Said locating Ilok "Successful" Then "Updating iLOK License Activation", then returned a "Successful" response ?

Then when I try to start PT12 it says please incert a valid iLOK with a product activation?

I was getting tired when Waves stopped using iLOK, their software license management software has been a real pain is the @$$. You pay a lot of money for software and plugins and then they change platforms and your "assets" are no where to be found. Then tons of phone calls.

I haven't done the PT thing for a while, I may have not gotten the work around for this issue. I have seen people making similair comments then an admin person on one thread said there might be an association issue let me fix that. But currently I have no idea. I am just going by whats on my authorized product ownership account page on Avid? Thank you sir