Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 03-04-2012, 02:22 PM

Default pro tools academic license?

I picked up an ilok that had a "Pro Tools HDPack" label on it. I was able to sync it so obviously its never been synced before since you can only remove an ilok from am account when it is empty. It only has one license on it, "Pro Tools Academic".

What can this license be used for? There is no version number listed. Also what the he'll was the ilok intended for. I was hoping it would have hd pack plugin licenses on it.

Pro Tools 10.3.9 HDN | HD Omni | Digi Command 8 | Artist Transport | Digi Surround Panner | Blackmagic Intensity Pro | JBL LSR4328 5.1
2.26GHz 8 Core Nehelam 8GB Ram OSX 10.8.5
Old 03-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Avid

Default Re: pro tools academic license?

Hello,

Pro Tools Academic software was developed years ago (approximately 2007) to be used specifically with an Mbox2 Academic unit. These units were produced in a very limited amount and probably not readily available. Also they are not compatible with standard Pro Tools software. So, unless you were to obtain one of those units and the Academic software, you would not have a use for the iLok license.

Regarding the iLok, it was most likely an HD Pack iLok that would have been included with an HD system purchase. Some of these were pre-programmed with HD Packs, others included an activation card to add the licenses. It seems, though, from your comment that all of the licenses previously included were moved off of the key and Academic added. That can happen if the key is sync'd, licenses are moved around, and the key is removed from the account within 7 days - that includes with any new (or other) licenses added to it.

Regards,
Avid CS