Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2013, 03:16 AM

Default Scarlett plugins screwed pro tools SE

Hi Guys,

let me start by saying im COMPLETELY new to Mac's and Avid software and such.

I'm in IT Tech at a school, tasked with setting up a new music studio, which has opted to go down the Apple route, in conjuction with Sibelius 7, Logic Pro, using Fast Track interfaces and a keyboard ( i cant remember the model of )
Also purchased was a focusrite sapphire widget.

we installed the scarlett plugins in all the machines, but it took FOREVER for the software to import? them (talking >8 minutes to load each application, and would do it for every single user). decided to remove these plugins (deleted from \Library\Audio\Plug-ins\Components\ and VST\)
Pro Tools and Sibelius start up ok now, but Pro Tools SE errors saying "Pro Tools SE quit unexpectedly". I rerun it and it gets stuck on "Loading Plugins: Scarlett Plug-in Suite.dpm"

i've done a search on the .dpm but cant find it. can anyone point me in a helpful direction to get this resolved?

Thanks
Jack
Old 05-15-2013, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Scarlett plugins screwed pro tools SE

It may have to do with the fact that PT SE does not support any additional plugins (3rd party or even additional Avid ones).

You would probably want to remove the RTAS version of the plugin, if you haven't done so. Go under: Applications>Avid>Protools>DPM Plugins.

Having said all that, I don't know why it took so long to install in the first place. Did you download the latest version from the website, or try to install from the CD?
Old 05-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Focusrite

Default Re: Scarlett plugins screwed pro tools SE

If you need any further assistance with your Saffire units or Scarlett Plug In Suite we would be glad to assist.

As this is a system specific issue could you please contact us through our Support page:
http://us.focusrite.com/contact-support

Best regards.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/