Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2003, 03:06 PM

Default quick question about adding "Mutes"

after playing one of the pro tools demo's an seeing the mutes turn on and off then i later seen that the whole demo was a big loop with the mutes being use to seq the song....after that i change my whole way on how i should record my songs....i use a mpc and motif and i cant record real time mutes in with my mpc..i can program them but its not fun. I know how to do real time mutes on pro tools by clicking on the "Write" section but i want to know if there is a way with pro tools that i can program "track 1 mute on for 8 bars from bar 1 to bar 8" then set another mute on the same track on but later on in the seq with out having to have pro tools playing...i try to do it in real time and it was cool but i start its hard to get it all perfect while things are moving.....
Old 06-17-2003, 03:59 PM

Default Re: quick question about adding "Mutes"

Fastest way to do it is to change to grid-mode and to draw them in. You first have to set the channel in the editwindow to mute-view.

Bastiaan
Old 06-21-2003, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bastiaan:
Fastest way to do it is to change to grid-mode and to draw them in. You first have to set the channel in the editwindow to mute-view.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">how do you set the channel to mute view
Old 06-21-2003, 11:58 AM

In the "Edit" window, on the left of each track, you'll see a box which says "waveform", click it to select waveform/volume/pan/mute...

Page 24 of the latest Manual under "track controls", and page 171 "track view".

You can download the pdf here : http://www.digidesign.com/support/do...ence_Guide.pdf

Good luck [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]