Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2014, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack won't boot

Thanks guys for trying. I tried to register it and it said I have an invalid ID. I called, waited, then explained my situation, the guy said he was not awarwe of the clock issue (maybe I talked to you JC?), put me on hold to ask someone, the AVID phone system disconnected me.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by obx777 View Post
Thanks guys for trying. I tried to register it and it said I have an invalid ID. I called, waited, then explained my situation, the guy said he was not awarwe of the clock issue (maybe I talked to you JC?), put me on hold to ask someone, the AVID phone system disconnected me.
So sorry obx777, that wasn't me (wouldn't have encouraged you to call in if I thought that would happen). I'll get a support case going for you to get this back on track…

Regards,
JC
Old 12-02-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obx777 View Post
Be careful of getting on the phone with support and telling them what your problem is unless you really have a good idea. I've been just assuming your problem is the not-booting problem this thread is about. Why do you suspect you have the "clock" problem? That is one specific problem that caused audio output to not work on the Eleven Rack and not the (seemingly much rarer) "won't boot" one this thread is about.

The clock problem is well discussed on DUC, I believe only affected old rev E systems (last character of the serial number on the box), and it usually appears to be easily checked for if you are having a problem with the Eleven Rack by (in the words of Chris Townsend...) "going in to the User Options and change the internal clock between 44.1k and 48k when you're experiencing this problem.".

Anyhow seems like you are on a path to get help here, which is great.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Be careful of getting on the phone with support and telling them what your problem is unless you really have a good idea. I've been just assuming your problem is the not-booting problem this thread is about. Why do you suspect you have the "clock" problem? That is one specific problem that caused audio output to not work on the Eleven Rack and not the (seemingly much rarer) "won't boot" one this thread is about.

The clock problem is well discussed on DUC, I believe only affected old rev E systems (last character of the serial number on the box), and it usually appears to be easily checked for if you are having a problem with the Eleven Rack by (in the words of Chris Townsend...) "going in to the User Options and change the internal clock between 44.1k and 48k when you're experiencing this problem.".

Anyhow seems like you are on a path to get help here, which is great.
My 11R not booting was tied to a known clocking issue, per Abid when they replaced my 11R for free even though it was several years out of warranty! Thank you AVID!!!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 12-07-2014, 05:02 AM

Thank you for your help guys. They said mine a rev E was not impacted by that clock issue. They did offer to give me an estimate to repair it. I decided to not sink any more cash into it and I no longer own it at this point. Again appreciate you help and have a great holiday season.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:33 AM

Newcomer here ,I'm having same issue as everybody else here ,last thing last night I did is recording some guitar in 48khz and this morning I get stuck in a boot screen , found and tried everything to flash it but nothing works . I have tried to get support via ASC but ... . I hope that someone will have suggestion how to resolve this.