Old 02-24-2016, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Arrange windows dual monitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by redj View Post
Same problem here ! So irritating...

OSX 10.10.5
Pro Tools HD 12.4

Did you find a workarround ?
No. I've now found that some sessions that were started prior to PT12 retain the window placements. But anything current won't stay as mix and edit screens each on a display no matter what configuration or memory settings I make. I moved to PT 12 at the same time upgrading to El Capitan. So I've considered going back to Yosemite just to see if that makes any difference. But I haven't had time. I just have to move it all around each time I open a session.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:04 AM

I just found something which is working for me !

In my case, I want to have Mix window to the left, and Edit to the right. Every time I open the session, both windows are to the right.

If I move the mix window to the left monitor and then click the maximise button (green button), the mix window become very small and come back to the right monitor.
Then, I re-move it to the left monitor and re-click on the maximise button.
After saving, everything is opening as I want.

Hope this helps you

Last edited by redj; 02-25-2016 at 05:28 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:42 AM

hallo, same problem here. el capitan, hd 12.4. 3 monitors at once. unfortunately nothing helps, everytime mix window is hidden after edit window. any suggestion avid ?
Old 02-27-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redj View Post
I just found something which is working for me !

In my case, I want to have Mix window to the left, and Edit to the right. Every time I open the session, both windows are to the right.

If I move the mix window to the left monitor and then click the maximise button (green button), the mix window become very small and come back to the right monitor.
Then, I re-move it to the left monitor and re-click on the maximise button.
After saving, everything is opening as I want.

Hope this helps you
Thanks. But either I'm not following your workaround correctly or it doesn't work for me. I'm sorry for everyone's trouble. But I'm sort of happy to not be the only one.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:48 AM

Update......just to recap... Sometimes I can place edit left, mix right and it will actually stay that way; even when coming back to the session later. But most times, it won't; choosing to always open both windows on the left screen.

Here's what I realized today about it being intermittent......

I have 2 matching 19 inch LCD screens. My edit window will always stay on the left screen with no problem. But if I move the mix window to the right screen, and adjust it till it fills the WHOLE screen, it won't stay there after saving, losing and re-opening. If I leave just a slight distance at the bottom of the mix window, just almost filling the right screen, but not totally filling the screen, IT STAYS!! Truly bizarre.

I really wonder if this is more an El Capitan thing than a Pro Tools 12 issue. I updated to both simultaneously.

Last edited by pasanta; 03-23-2016 at 09:04 AM.