Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Themystro1 Themystro1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 19
Default TL Space on PT10, OSX 10.7 IR install Problem

I just upgraded to PT10 and needed to use TL Space for a small project and bought the digital download. Just downloaded all of the IRs from the digi website.

I have searched for the last 4 hours on how to get these IRs to install...

I go to the "Install TL Space IR Package" and go to the spot were I downloaded (downloads) on my Mac HD. I keep getting the message "One or More Files not written. Please check log for errors."

Here is everything I have done:
1) Cannot find the log, I go to the installed TLS Packages, just says installation failed.

2) Tried different drive to install from

3) Tried installing from /libraries/app..support/TL Space

4) Tried running disc permissions

5) Re-downloaded and tried

6) Opened up a new protools session, tried from track and from audio suite.

I have a feeling it is a permission problem where it cannot write to the drive. I am shocked that I cannot find any info on the DUC or any other site

I have installed TL_Space_10_2_1_Installer_77517.dmg
System specs: Mac 5,1 w/ HD Native w/omni 10.2.0 on 10.7.0

Can someone please tell me what is going on here? Feel gipped off the money and time I've wasted on this....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:57 AM
gali_kz0 gali_kz0 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: France
Posts: 12
Default Re: TL Space on PT10, OSX 10.7 IR install Problem

Hi,

I had the same problem.

Don't exactly remember how I fixed it but look for this :

- Does the "/libraries/app..support/TL Space" exist?

If not, create it. Otherwise, check the permission (must be set writable for the user you're logged in to use ProTools).

Hope it makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 AM
25ghosts 25ghosts is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 3,333
Default Re: TL Space on PT10, OSX 10.7 IR install Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themystro1 View Post
I just upgraded to PT10 and needed to use TL Space for a small project and bought the digital download. Just downloaded all of the IRs from the digi website.

I have searched for the last 4 hours on how to get these IRs to install...

I go to the "Install TL Space IR Package" and go to the spot were I downloaded (downloads) on my Mac HD. I keep getting the message "One or More Files not written. Please check log for errors."

Here is everything I have done:
1) Cannot find the log, I go to the installed TLS Packages, just says installation failed.

2) Tried different drive to install from

3) Tried installing from /libraries/app..support/TL Space

4) Tried running disc permissions

5) Re-downloaded and tried

6) Opened up a new protools session, tried from track and from audio suite.

I have a feeling it is a permission problem where it cannot write to the drive. I am shocked that I cannot find any info on the DUC or any other site

I have installed TL_Space_10_2_1_Installer_77517.dmg
System specs: Mac 5,1 w/ HD Native w/omni 10.2.0 on 10.7.0

Can someone please tell me what is going on here? Feel gipped off the money and time I've wasted on this....
1) The IRs included with TL Space sucks. So no need to install them. Look on the web. Plenty of great ones there.
2) Try inserting TL Space and open the right-side IR Browser, from the EDIT Menu choose Install TL Space IR Package and follow instructions/choose path
3) Sign into OS X as root user and install from there (Please google on how to do this) That will grant you permissions to everything
__________________
2016 MacBook Pro Retina | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | OS X Latest - PTHD 12 Latest | 4K LG Thunderbolt Display | Logic Pro 10
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Themystro1 Themystro1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 19
Default Re: TL Space on PT10, OSX 10.7 IR install Problem

Thanks for the advice, but none of this worked.

Here are locations I tried making folders (and setting permissions):

1) /library/app..support/digidesign/Plug-in Settings/TL Space
2) /library/app..support/TL Space
3) /users/[me]/library/app..support/TL Space

I have made myself Root user and logged in.
I have reinstalled TL Space, yet again (and yes I restarted the computer)

I am at a complete loss here - I can't even find the "LOG" file this is supposed to be making.

Can someone please let me know where the heck these install to - the full path for OSX Lion? And perhaps where this LOG file might be?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:10 PM
25ghosts 25ghosts is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 3,333
Default Re: TL Space on PT10, OSX 10.7 IR install Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themystro1 View Post
Thanks for the advice, but none of this worked.

Here are locations I tried making folders (and setting permissions):

1) /library/app..support/digidesign/Plug-in Settings/TL Space
2) /library/app..support/TL Space
3) /users/[me]/library/app..support/TL Space

I have made myself Root user and logged in.
I have reinstalled TL Space, yet again (and yes I restarted the computer)

I am at a complete loss here - I can't even find the "LOG" file this is supposed to be making.

Can someone please let me know where the heck these install to - the full path for OSX Lion? And perhaps where this LOG file might be?

Thanks.
Look - Take it EASY ;-) It DOES work --- Just tried it extra'ly' for you !

1) Open TL Space in Protools
2) In the IR Browser EDIT Menu select "Download TL Space IR Package"; This will take you to the IR Download page of
http://www.avid.com/US/products/TL-S...sponse-Library
3) Download the IRs you want.... and LEAVE them in the download location
4) Wait for downloads to complete
5) Open TL Space, in the IR Browser EDIT Menu select "Install TL Space IR Package"; Navigate to ONE of the downloaded .tls files
and click OK.. This will open a dialog in TL Space... Repeat above step for EACH package. TL wont allow you to select multiples.

That is it... Now you are done and you can throw the downloaded files into the trash...


The IRs of TL Space are being installed into the following location: MacHD/Library/Application Support/ Trillium Lane/TL Space/impulse Responses


Hope this helps... And in the future it helps READING the F++++ manual. It is ALL in there
__________________
2016 MacBook Pro Retina | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | OS X Latest - PTHD 12 Latest | 4K LG Thunderbolt Display | Logic Pro 10
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Themystro1 Themystro1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 19
Default Re: TL Space on PT10, OSX 10.7 IR install Problem

25ghosts,

Thanks, but dude - seriously you think I didn't read the manual and then post all of this? The first thing I did was read the manual then spend 4 hours poking through my system to find the LOG files....

So just for kicks - I did your instructions which again, does not work on my system.

I do appreciate the folder location, is this for Lion? - because this folder structure was not created when I installed. I made this folder structure myself and reinstalled, and then tried the download/install thing and again, did not work.

Can someone please tell me were this log file is? It's not in the standard log file location...

I think I need my money back if this is really not working with Lion and PT10.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:06 PM
25ghosts 25ghosts is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 3,333
Default Re: TL Space on PT10, OSX 10.7 IR install Problem

Ok.... Sorry for jumping to conclusions..

I was able to recreate the install failure...

It IS a permissions problem...

I set the Trillium Lane folder and contents to READ ONLY and got THAT exact error... Your LOG file will typically (AVID Logs) be located on your MacHD top level. But it just mentions a failure...


Try this :

Go to MacHD/Application support and select the Trillium Lane folder.
Then hit Command+I and the Finder Info Window opens.

Click the little yellow Lock icon and enter your password.... In Sharing and Permissions make sure it is set to

YOU(User) READ/WRITE
admin READ/WRITE
everyone READ/WRITE

and now hit the cog wheel and from the dropdown choose "Apply to Enclosed Items"
This will propagate the permissions to all the folder inside...

Try installing now... And let me know what happens
__________________
2016 MacBook Pro Retina | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | OS X Latest - PTHD 12 Latest | 4K LG Thunderbolt Display | Logic Pro 10
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Themystro1 Themystro1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 19
Default Re: TL Space on PT10, OSX 10.7 IR install Problem

Thank you! That finally worked, I forgot to change the permissions after I created the trillium lane folder. I had done that to application support last night - thinking it would have done it to this folder as well....

Thanks again!

-Sam
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 PM
25ghosts 25ghosts is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 3,333
Default Re: TL Space on PT10, OSX 10.7 IR install Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themystro1 View Post
Thank you! That finally worked, I forgot to change the permissions after I created the trillium lane folder. I had done that to application support last night - thinking it would have done it to this folder as well....

Thanks again!

-Sam
You are welcome. Glad it worked. I HATE being in situations such as yourself ;-)

Unless you use the "Apply to Enclosed Folders" OS X will not propagate the permissions.

Permissions CAN be a real pain in the neck ;-)
__________________
2016 MacBook Pro Retina | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | OS X Latest - PTHD 12 Latest | 4K LG Thunderbolt Display | Logic Pro 10
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-30-2014, 09:43 AM
douglas42 douglas42 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 1
Default Re: TL Space on PT10, OSX 10.7 IR install Problem

Hi there,

2 years later, this is still an issue

i had the same problems described above, the trick of "25ghosts" worked for me.

as an update anyway, on my system it was in a different location. it was in: machd/users/forallusers/avid/space

after changing the rights and applying to all folders, it finally worked.

drived me nuts, so thank you "25ghosts" for your help!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TL Space IR install problem Superclock RTAS & TDM Plug-ins 3 02-09-2014 03:28 PM
PT10.3.7 Install Problem chrissputnik Pro Tools 10 0 10-30-2013 06:38 PM
Xpand2 problem after PT10 install jrichview Windows 2 03-10-2012 06:44 PM
OT: TL Space-Problems in PT10 HD! lownotesinc Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 1 11-07-2011 11:22 PM
Install TL Space Library problem??? montez1 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 1 01-23-2010 08:30 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com