Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 01-28-2010, 06:01 PM

Question Stillwell Audio Plugins in PT 8

any one using vst to rtas wrapper and Stillwell plugins in PT 8 or PT 8.3 ?
Old 01-30-2010, 02:53 PM

Default bump..

seriously, no one uses 'The Rocket' or 'Major Tom' ?. Stillwell is reputabely quality at a re-donkulessly low price. 'The Rocket' often is thrown in to the same plugin category of qaulity comp that UAD and softube universally get . bummerz, guess i'll never know... what with the vst to rtas wrap being $99 to try sumpin' that may give PT and upset tummy.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Stillwell Audio Plugins in PT 8

I tried the demo.
Works with the VST (w)rapper!
It is quite nice.
It is not my favorite compressor, though. I guess it is a matter of taste.

my 2c
Old 01-30-2010, 03:15 PM

sweet, so it did work in your sessions. any freezes or bugs to report using stillwell in your PT 8?. Can you recommend any plugs that you have enjoyed using the VST to Rtas. most of the Vst plugins that are reported to be great tend to be VST only so i'd hate to spend the dough and find we both have similar taste where 'the rocket' is concerned.

thanks for that quick reply by the way.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:22 AM

I don't remember when I used it last. But it was working flawlessly in the Wrapper.
What I often use via the Wrapper is the Kjaerhus classic chorus. the whole classic series is actually quite nice.
Sometimes I use the Rough Rider on the drumbus,
or Endorphin on the Master.
Digitalfishphones is a collection of some nice plugs:

http://www.digitalfishphones.com/mai...em=2&subItem=3

There are also Bootsy's plugins: (checked but don't use)

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/downloads/

But I have to say the stock plugs in PT are quite good. My go to compressors are the stock compressor, Waves Renaissance Compressor and PSP Oldtimer.

My go to EQs are stock EQ 7, Renaissance EQ and PSP Quad.

Anyways, you don't need the most expensive plugs to produce good songs!

another 2cents
Old 02-04-2010, 04:12 PM

yeah , i loves me some old timer and i'm slowly collecting Softube and will buy a Uad 2 card soon as well. I've always wanted to try out Bootsy via wrapper but his site sais PC only. I took that to mean it wouldn't work within the wrapper. Your saying you've used Bootsy and other variety of sound plugs. this would be so cool . i'm soon to be on a mac pro and am looking forward to both DSP and wrapped plugs joining my mixing pallet. thanks so much for listing some of your faves. i will definitely check them ALL out.

cheers!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Stillwell Audio

It works peachy in the wrapper as long as you have latest-and-greatest of the wrapper itself. I know many PT users run my plugins with the wrapper...but many more don't, because it's one more "thing" in the chain...one more variable.

I'm gonna have to do something about that eventually...hmmm...

In the meantime, I don't think there's a demo of the wrapper, but you do realize that all of my plugins are available for download and have no technical limitations, right? If you have the wrapper, just grab the plugins and test. I just ask that after 30 days you either purchase them or remove them from your system. Doesn't get much easier than that, and I'm PRETTY sure that it's a fair deal.

Scott
http://www.stillwellaudio.com/