Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Avid

Default Re: Midi Beat Clock while in loop mode, is completely broken.

Here's the explanation of behavior of MBC in Pro Tools:

MBC Looping

Pro Tools currently loops around MIDI Beat Clock (MBC) when playing in a loop. This feature is needed for instrument plug-ins with built-in sequencers or processing algorithms that rely on looped MBC messages for accurate operation, for example Synchronic. While most external devices should not have a problem with quick jumps of Song Position Pointer (SPP) messages, certain hardware sequencers will behave erratically at the loop point.

The exact MIDI event sequence at the loop point is as follows:
<Stop>
<Song Position Pointer> (pointing to the loop start location)
<Continue>

Other sequencer applications on the market today solve this problem by not looping MBC signals at all, i.e. even though the internal transport will play in a loop the MBC clock signal will continue “straight” and not contain SPP messages. Susceptible hardware sequencers will thus run without hiccups.

We are looking to introduce a preference that will allow users to switch between looped and unlooped MBC clock. Even though we’re well aware of the severity of this issue for some users we cannot discuss a release timeframe at this time. Thank you for your understanding and your continued support!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:03 AM

Bump this thread, any news here digidesign?? its been 18 months.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:49 PM

Bumbp again

I am going crazy. I am trying to use the awesome Native instrumetn plugins like Session Strings. They wont sync correctly if I have a lot of tracks.

Also if I have a bunch of midi tracks open If I put the record on a middi track. the the music is not in sync and there is latency on the keyboard. but if I turn off Delay compensation then the keyboard note play in better but there seems to be some kind of latency between midid and audio.

Is Digi going to fix this?
Old 07-15-2010, 05:02 PM

please help digi