Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2015, 06:51 AM

Default Monitor (parallel master track) Like MixBuss

I was checking out Mixbuss and in the end, I am staying with PT12 for now.

However, there was a very useful feature that I am sure can be done here but I hope someone can help me understand how.

Instead of having just your main master (and subs/busses), there is the ability in MB to place another track to the right of the master and the routing follows that the master remains the master for rendering but for audio out, it feeds the monitor track and the monitor track feeds audio outs.

The advantage is that my interface master levels can be up, allowing for my outboard gear to function well, and I can use the monitor track in MB or PT to attenuate the listening level.

Has anyone done this? I realize that to some, it will seem redundant and the response might be (turn your box down). I do have a reason for not doing so.
thanks
Rob