Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 01-28-2012, 08:13 AM

Default Venue pro tools rec

Nesse Festival de Verão em Salvador/ Bahia/ Brasil, eu, enquanto técnico de monitor da banda oCÍRCULO, fiquei sabendo que todas as mesas do evento seriam da Digidesign, pensei (que legal, vou finalmente conhecer esses consoles e ainda vou plugar meu laptop no firewire da mesa e gravar até 32 canais com meu Pro Tools 10). Cheguei as sete horas da manhã para a passagem de som e constatei que as mesas são realmente fantásticas, gostei muito mesmo, trabalhei com uma DShow no monitor do palco Maurício de Nassau (não tinha o slot firewire). A mesa do PA do mesmo palco era uma SC48 (só dava a opção de gravar 18 canais), pluguei meu laptop na porta firewire e nada. O Pro Tools 10 não reconheceu a mesa em momento algum, os consultores da Quanta, presentes no evento a partir do meio dia, deixaram uma lista de procedimentos para serem feitos quando eu voltasse para o show logo mais a noite e nada funcionou.
Então a minha pergunta é:
O que aconteceu?

Summer Festival in Salvador / Bahia / Brazil, I, as technical monitor oCÍRCULO the band, I learned that all the tables of the event would be from Digidesign, I thought (that cool, I'll finally know these islands and I'm going to plug my laptop in FireWire the table and record up to 32 channels with my Pro Tools 10). I arrived at seven o'clock in the morning to the sound check and found that the tables are really fantastic, I loved it, worked with a DShow on the monitor of the stage 2 (did not have a firewire slot). The table of the same stage of the PA was an SC48 (only gave the option to record 18 channels), plugged in my laptop firewire port and nothing. The Pro Tools 10 did not recognize the table at any time, the consultants of Quanta, in attendance from 12 hours, left a list of procedures to be done when I return to the show once more the night and nothing worked.
So my question is:
What happened?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Venue pro tools rec

32 channels via firewire has only recently been talked about and is currently not yet available from the desks (tables). It will be available in the next version of software.

Google translate into Spanish (sorry if it doesnt make sense.)

32 canales a través de FireWire sólo recientemente se ha hablado y en la actualidad todavía no está disponible en los mostradores (tablas). Estará disponible en la próxima versión de software.
Sacramento, CA
Old 01-30-2012, 04:06 PM

Qual é o passo a passo para fazer com que o pro tools 10 reconheça a sc48 como interface de gravação? Em momento algum consegui fazer com que os áudios da sc48 modulacem em meu laptop. lembro-me que havia em uma das janelas do pro tools um icone que pedia um enderço de IP, mas não adiantava dar o IP da sc48, não funcionava.

What is the step by step to make the pro tools 10 recognizes the sc48 as recording interface? At no time could make sc48 modulation of the audio on my laptop. I remember that was in a window of the pro tools icon that called for a complete address of an IP, but no use to the IP of the sc48 did not work.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Avid

Hi,

First, make sure to download and install the SC48 driver for PT10, located here:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=314181

Then, within Pro Tools, select FWx as the playback engine under the Setups menu.

Sheldon

Last edited by Sheldon Radford; 01-31-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Changed "SC48 as the playback engine..." to "FWx..."
Old 02-05-2012, 03:51 AM

thank you so much