Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2017, 05:06 AM

Default Xpand!2 changes interface display

Hello. I'm using Pro Tools 12 on my Windows 10 x64.
My Xpand 2 plug in works fine, but every time I select it as a plug in to use on a new sessions, it changes the whole display or "appearance" of Pro Tools. Don't know how to explain it very well.
When I chose that plug in, all the buttons, tracks and everything look smaller, as if I've changed the screen resolution. And also, all the words on the toolbar are incomplete, and it looks like:
Fil Edi Vie Trac Cli Even AudioSui Optio... etc.

This just happens when I chose this particular plug in, and the changes remain even when I remove it from a track.

Here ́s the link to the screenshot: https://imgur.com/w5WhwLJ
As you can see both images compared, when it looks fine at the top, and below how it looks when I select Xpand!2

Any solution?
Old 11-30-2017, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Xpand!2 changes interface display

I have this same issue. It all started from loading a pre assembled template.
regardless of which one i chose (i.e Blues, Pop,) it would shrink just like you mentioned. the words on the top would be incomplete and sometimes not even be able to be clicked on. it also happens when plug ins are loading into the inserts. Xpand2 included.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:03 AM

Did you use Xpand2 before you opened a template for the first time?
Did it work fine or was always like hat?
Have you tried reinstalling PT12 ?
Please tell me if you´ve found a solution, or what should I do.
Old 11-10-2023, 06:53 PM

Hi!

I've just naturally "spiraled" down into this thread, after encountering the same problem today.

I wouldn't care, like I didn't for 25 years, UNLESS this didn't also imply that one of the plugins that I wanted to start using - Decapitator - gets visually distorted to the point of being unusable. And that's because you simply can't click on the buttons and turn the knobs since they are visually displaced due to this graphical phenomenon.

So, did any of you solve it in these past 6 years? Or do you have any ideas?

After distilling the cause of this issue, by importing track after track into a new session, it became clear that Xpand! 2 is the culprit behind this anomaly, because every imported track having it on causes this graphical change. And that "semi-permanently", meaning, that you can't just restart the session, you have to exit Pro Tools and reboot it.

I use Pro Tools 12.

Thanx in advance & regards!
/DV