Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 10-17-2017, 09:09 AM

Default TCE Trim tool help - handles?

Hey all,

So I've found through much trial and error that elastic audio simply will not work for a multi-mic'ed guitar amp- regardless of EA plugin settings, number and location of event markers/warp markers, even when the tracks are in an edit group, the warping is always applied individually to each track, and phase gets audibly wild. NBD- I've also found that turning off EA and using the good old fashioned TCE trim tool works like a dream, just with a little bit of extra editing (split each note or phrase that must be warped into its own clip, TCE trim works equally on all tracks in the edit group, no phasing.) The only problem I've encountered with this is that sometimes you get a pop when two clips match up, and because the TCE trim tool only renders the exact boundaries of the clip you can't crossfade.

So is there a way to make the TCE-rendered clip have handles, or should I just try to build a little bit of a handle into the clips when I split them?
Old 11-12-2017, 10:54 PM

Default Re: TCE Trim tool help - handles?

Wow, thanks a lot. I was looking for solve of problem EA plugin!=)