Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 10-04-2009, 06:11 AM

Default automation mode buttons/C8 channels follow track-selection automatically

hey digi,

would you please implement:

- ability to select the automation-modes within from C8

- a shortcut within pro tools that allows you to toggle on/off
C8 automatically following and scrolling to the track-selection in the edit- or mix window
(a kind of the well implented thing like track selection follows edit selection..)

this would fasten up my workflow for about 20%!

please consider this!

without these functionality the C8 is nearly worthless to me.

excuse my bad english!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Default Re: automation mode buttons/C8 channels follow track-selection automatically

i absolutely agree - a preference or toggle on off setting that follows the mix window

click on a trak in the mix / edit window = C|8 follows - rather than having to control click on a track or nudge/bank select on th c8

this would also be grand as a "SOLO follows track selection" setting - so that the track selected is automatically soloed
Old 11-24-2009, 03:16 PM

Default Re: automation mode buttons/C8 channels follow track-selection automatically

As the Mackie HUI, as the predecessor to the Command 8, already had these automation mode selector buttons, my only explanation for the omission of those on the Command 8, is, that they were deliberately left away. I think the marketing guy that time recommended to leave them away and use bubble fader caps and a faked scrollwheel, to make it clearly visible, that this cannot be a serious tool, only for amateur use. The professionals should buy the Pro(!)Control or the Control24.

I doubt that a marketing guy today would repeat this "recommandation".

I would very much appreciate a "plug-in window follows track selection" functionality, that at least the targeted plug-in window should switch to the same insert on the new selected track.