Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2015, 04:30 PM

Default NEWBE Dont Shoot! Out Of Memory Error when I am barely using plugins??

hi Guys Im new.. im sorry im havin a few issues trying to navigate I dont know where the sticky messages are etc lol however my problem seems to be simliar to everyone else

Im Running an Early 2008 Mac Pro w 16GB Memory
I am using a UAD Apollo Quad with pro tools 11.3.1
im just trying to mix down a song here and I am pretty much just using all UAD plugins that shouldnt use any recources on my MAC .. When I check the system memory usage its barely using any resorces etc.
But then BAM error “pro tools ran out of CPU blah blah try removing plugins”

Ive checked all over the Net and it seems like this error is killing everyone?
I am only asking because everyone else seems to have different times that this happens..druing bounce etc.. Im simply hitting play and working on my mix to prep for bounce.. i dont think im really using any Avid plugins.. maybe 3-4
whats the deal?
Im sorry if theres posts im missing or theres sticky notes or whatever sompleace that i missed… any help is appreciated and sory again if im repeating the same thing in the wrong place etc
John
Old 02-23-2015, 04:45 PM

Default Re: NEWBE Dont Shoot! Out Of Memory Error when I am barely using plugins??

Quote:
Originally Posted by monnecka View Post
hi Guys Im new.. im sorry im havin a few issues trying to navigate I dont know where the sticky messages are etc lol however my problem seems to be simliar to everyone else

im just trying to mix down a song here and I am pretty much just using all UAD plugins that shouldnt use any recources on my MAC .. When I check the system memory usage its barely using any resorces etc.

I am only asking because everyone else seems to have different times that this happens..druing bounce etc.. Im simply hitting play and working on my mix to prep for bounce.. i dont think im really using any Avid plugins.. maybe 3-4
whats the deal?
Im sorry if theres posts im missing or theres sticky notes or whatever sompleace that i missed… any help is appreciated and sory again if im repeating the same thing in the wrong place etc
John
What version of OS X are you using? What drive are you recording to and what are the space of that drive (spinner - speed, SSD, etc...)
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 02-23-2015, 05:01 PM

Default Re: NEWBE Dont Shoot! Out Of Memory Error when I am barely using plugins??

Quote:
Originally Posted by monnecka View Post

whats the deal?
John
... and

Have you tried trashing prefs, any other usual basic debug steps?

Are your UAD Plugins and drivers up to date? What versions are you running?

Is your system *fully* optimized, every last single thing done? See optimization steps under the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this web page.

What actual UAD plugins are you using and how many instances of each?

Try using no other non-UAD plugins in the session, and for purposes of debugging you have physically removed all non-Avid and non-UAD plugins from the Pro Tools plugin folder?

If basic quick troubleshooting did not help my next point of call with problems like this with UAD plugins would be with UAD Forums and UAD support, if the problem is not directly theirs at least they tend to be aware of any UAD specific troubleshooting. The high-latency round trip from Pro Tools to the UAD DSP causes lots of these type problems...