Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 09-25-2016, 03:56 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 only recording unprocessed dry signal. Eleven Rack.

Hi there. Does anybody use Eleven Rack as their interface with Pro Tools. If yes, please help. Why does Pro Tools only record the unprocessed dry signal, although when monitoring I can here the processed signal in my headphones. Frustrating. Although I love Eleven Rack, I am about to give up on it's partnership with Pro Tools as it is the most unuser friendly, confusing, settings reset interface I have ever used.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 only recording unprocessed dry singal. Eleven Rack.

You are using it wrong.

You are recording to a audio track right?

The Eleven Rack has multiple inputs that should appear in Pro tools.

Guitar In is the dry signal

Rig Out L/R is the wet signal.

Start by reading the Eleven Rack User Guide and working with an empty session created from one of the Eleven Rack templates.

If you are not seeing the expected IO names then make sure the Eleven Rack is selected as the playback engine and default the input, output and bus IO (on each of those Setup>IO pages: delete all paths on and then click the default button).

If you are still having problems we need to know exactly what you are doing to be able to offer any real help. Post screenshots of the playback engine dialog page, IO input, output and bus pages, and your mix window clearly showing IO assignment selectors, all relevant tracks and master faders.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:10 PM

Yeah done all of that. I've been using this set up trouble free for 18 months, and now all of a sudden it starts to have a mind all of it's own. I dont even get the guitar in as an option in the input dialogue. Thanks anyway.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:32 PM

Is it possible that my drivers may need updating as I dont have access to Eleven Rack templates in Pro Tools.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNET View Post
Yeah done all of that. I've been using this set up trouble free for 18 months, and now all of a sudden it starts to have a mind all of it's own. I dont even get the guitar in as an option in the input dialogue. Thanks anyway.
That sounds exactly like a classic problem of not having the correct playback engine set or the IO needing to be defaulted. What I've already described. If you've done that then we need to see the screenshots asked for.

The options showing up in the input and output selectors on a track in Pro Tools are just the input and output names from the IO setup, they are just character strings, and have no inherent meaning, just data read from the IO configuration. If you are not seeing them then by definition your IO settings are wrong/corrupted and need to be defaulted (or worse case corrected by hand).
Old 09-25-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNET View Post
Is it possible that my drivers may need updating as I dont have access to Eleven Rack templates in Pro Tools.
This just started happening if so what did you change? Install any new updates? OS updates? Auto update turned off like it is supposed to be?

Does the Eleven Rack play OK stand alone? The rig you are trying to record the wet track from plays OK stand alone?

If the Eleven Rack shows up as the playback engine in Pro Tools then don't touch anything to do with the drivers. Lets fix problems before creating new ones.

I thought the templates come with Pro Tools but could be wrong. Anyhow to make it easy just create a new totally empty session. Check the playback engine is set correctly, and the IO pages look OK, then create a mono audio (not instrument) track and set its input to Guitar In and a stereo audio (not instrument) track and set that input to Rig Out and set both outputs to main out. See if that works for you, if not then screenshot time.

You also need to provide some basic info on your system as expected, start at the "help us help you" link up top of each web page.

And if still stuck the for the heck also trash pro tools prefs and do a memory reset on the eleven rack (that will delete any user created rigs).
Old 09-25-2016, 05:37 PM

Cool thanks. I'll give it a try and see if any of that helps.