Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 PM

Default Re: The Tea Room..

Quote:
Quote:
cool man, so did you ever release the first record? lets hear some tunes when they get rockin eh? cool about the blog and vids man. You speak German? I could teach you some things that my Grandpa taught me in german back in the day. haha
The album ended up as a EP and is recorded and mixed. Waiting for the master. I've actually recorded another EP after that that won't be properly released. I wrote an entire new album this week that I'm putting a lot of energy in at the moment.

You know, speaking of keeping busy

Quote:
as far as what I am up to, just working the day gig, pulling the bike off the trainer, going to work on polishing up some songs to get a few folks to help me pitch to some folks, and working on a business plan to setup a photography business. So keeping busy with projects as usual..
You crazy man
So what kind of photography biz are you setting up?
Stiff, man that is awesome about the master. can't wait to hear the jams man. cool about the new album as well, when is it due out? as far as photography, starting in wedding and portraits along with some architecture for the business, but i am getting pretty good at shooting just about any style. these are mainly the $$ makers.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Now..just lock that sonic image in yo brain, and aim to duplicate it as close as possible when playing with your gear. Seriously..
I'll give you a A+ for that, Andrew. How can you write and/or mix without a reference point.

filosofem
Old 04-11-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Stiff, man that is awesome about the master. can't wait to hear the jams man. cool about the new album as well, when is it due out? as far as photography, starting in wedding and portraits along with some architecture for the business, but i am getting pretty good at shooting just about any style. these are mainly the $$ makers.
Forgot to mention: the German ProTooler is not written by me, but by Mister G. (don't think he's here on the DUC but on another forum under a different name).

The first EP will be released as soon as the master returns. The second EP will probably be out on cassette(!) for VERY few people under a entirely new name. The new album is not yet recorded. Hope to record it the coming weeks... It will be in Swedish though, and possibly something for people like filosofem and not blues/rock oriented like the first EP... not that he speaks Swedish, but I guess he knows what I mean

I'm still deciding which name I'll put on the two "available" albums! I launch stuff under pseudonyms from time. But I might just send you a copy for the sake of ol' DUC friendship

Perhaps you should do a nice photo for an upcoming album?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
It will be in Swedish though, and possibly something for people like filosofem and not blues/rock oriented like the first EP... not that he speaks Swedish, but I guess he knows what I mean
HELL! Bring forth the mayhem!

filosofem
Old 04-11-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:

Forgot to mention: the German ProTooler is not written by me, but by Mister G. (don't think he's here on the DUC but on another forum under a different name).

The first EP will be released as soon as the master returns. The second EP will probably be out on cassette(!) for VERY few people under a entirely new name. The new album is not yet recorded. Hope to record it the coming weeks... It will be in Swedish though, and possibly something for people like filosofem and not blues/rock oriented like the first EP... not that he speaks Swedish, but I guess he knows what I mean

I'm still deciding which name I'll put on the two "available" albums! I launch stuff under pseudonyms from time. But I might just send you a copy for the sake of ol' DUC friendship

Perhaps you should do a nice photo for an upcoming album?
very cool man, you speak eh z doitch? einse bier, danke..

cool about the records, I look forward to checking out anything you want to send my way man. It would be cool to hear some tunes in Swedish too. I've listened to music in a lot of other languages before and I think regardless of what lyrics mean that it translates over many boundaries... that and it would be friggin awesome to hear you and filo going on about swedish quotes from the record for weeks afterwards.. hehehehe

as far as the photo for an upcoming album, sure, if you are looking for something in particular drop me a line off boards and we'll chat man.

well, back to the case of Magic Hat that I got my hands on for the evening.. :grin"
Old 04-12-2008, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Quote:
It will be in Swedish though, and possibly something for people like filosofem and not blues/rock oriented like the first EP... not that he speaks Swedish, but I guess he knows what I mean
HELL! Bring forth the mayhem!

filosofem
I think you've caught one of my influences there
Old 04-12-2008, 04:58 AM

Quote:
very cool man, you speak eh z doitch? einse bier, danke..
Yeah, something like that
I was actually pretty good at German a couple of years back. Here in Sweden we have the choice of learning either french or german besides english starting 6th grade. Needless to say I've forgot a lot of it. It's not like english that you hear and read everywhere. I understand german OK when spoken, many words are close to swedish.

Quote:
as far as the photo for an upcoming album, sure, if you are looking for something in particular drop me a line off boards and we'll chat man.

well, back to the case of Magic Hat that I got my hands on for the evening.. :grin"
What?!
Old 04-12-2008, 01:17 PM

Hey Stiff,
Quote:
Your studio looks really nice! Lots of gear of course, but I also really like the "oakey" parts of it
Can I come and work there a little if I ever stop by Canada?
Well thanx..But let it be known, that I'm only a timeshare partner. Which means that I "own" the place for certain amount of time/week.
The building / land itself has a legal owner.
Kinda deep to explain, but it works out great for all parties involved.

RE; the "oakey" parts..It was decided right from the onset that corporate looks should be avoided. Too many of them in the city. It has a cottage/farm welcoming feel. With professionally designed and constructed acoustical properties.

If you're ever in the area, you're most welcome to visit & do some tracking/mixing here.
I'll even give you a day crash course in analog technology
If you're planning to use VI's, plugins, and anything mitti though...you are SOL
We do not cater to that clientèle. Leave that to the home project "studios"

all the best..BTW, checked out {finally) your youtube videos..
Good luck w/the blog thang !

ttyl.
pierre

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 04-12-2008, 01:23 PM

How can you write and/or mix without a reference point.

+1

andrew

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 04-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I think you've caught one of my influences
Snorre W. Ruch or Øystein Aarseth? Underneath the Universe Part II. Need I say any more.

Ummm... any rumours of Satyricon's forthcoming album?

filosofem