Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 06-01-2020, 11:56 AM

Default Re: S1 trim mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiograce View Post
Be great to have another way... i.e. LONG press on Auto Mode button?

Also PLEASE ... Auto Match Arrows ... at LEAST on the Tablet Meters!!!!!!

2nd that. How about Sel+Rec as a shortcut for trim mode, similar to System 5.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:09 AM

What is the benefit of having a dedicated trim button on a channel rather than global trim control? The D-Control and D-Command had it, but I always found it far, far quicker to just slam an entire session into trim using the option modify. It's possible to do it with half the button presses thanks to EUCON. A single user key can slam all the faders into Trim, and another can slam them all into touch.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:29 AM

For starters, I have at least 8 fingers I can fit on faders comfortably to control levels and mix. I may not want all of those channels writing in trim mode all at once. And it would be nice to easily get in/out of trim mode while still writing on other faders..
Old 07-13-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
For starters, I have at least 8 fingers I can fit on faders comfortably to control levels and mix. I may not want all of those channels writing in trim mode all at once. And it would be nice to easily get in/out of trim mode while still writing on other faders..

I think that is really one of the reasons I started working the way I do. I can't reach the dedicated trim buttons on an S6 or D-Control without taking my hand off the faders. Once hands are off, I find the dedicated mode buttons plus channel selects far quicker, particularly when I can swipe a finger across multiple faders much faster than toggling through modes on individual channels. Different strokes, I suppose. The user buttons on the S6 and S1 are a big improvement in ergonomics for me, as it gets the thumbs involved.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf1138 View Post
If you did have a tablet, you could make it 1-touch softkey.
I do have an iPad - how exactly do I program the S1 to be able to 1 button push to switch automation modes?

thanks