How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-21-2019, 12:35 PM

Default Re: New Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
Well I don't know whether to laugh or cry.. I bought 5 reinstatements and when i register them will be good to December 2024..
I just hope Avid are around that long!

Hey there TNM

Any reason you chose to purchase 5?

I just bought 2 but trying to decide if I should buy more before the end of the year...

Thanks,

Sparky
Old 12-21-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
Hey there TNM

Any reason you chose to purchase 5?

I just bought 2 but trying to decide if I should buy more before the end of the year...

Thanks,

Sparky

So he can save money? This is how messed up the company is. They are puffing up the cash flow right now so that low information investors will think this is the new norm. The long term health of the company is going to suffer because a bunch of people wont need to give them money for half a decade. I dont have a mba but avid has been horribly managed by people who only care about pumping up while they are in so they can jump off with as much personal gain as possible. We need a ceo who actually cares about the art.
Old 12-22-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterDecay View Post
They are puffing up the cash flow right now so that low information investors will think this is the new norm. The long term health of the company is going to suffer because a bunch of people wont need to give them money for half a decade. I dont have a mba
Clearly.
Due to financial accounting acts for publicly traded companies in the US, sales such as these are not part of quarterly income. They sit as liabilities until they are redeemed (at which point they can be disclosed as Company income.)
Old 12-22-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
Well I don't know whether to laugh or cry.. I bought 5 reinstatements and when i register them will be good to December 2024..

Anyone with a vanilla perpetual I do recommend thomann before they sell out.
Will we be able to purchase perpetual license renewals after December 31, 2019?

Thanks

Sparky
Old 12-23-2019, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Will we be able to purchase perpetual license renewals after December 31, 2019?

Thanks

Sparky
Renewals - yes.
Reinstatements - no.

QAPLA!
Old 12-23-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Clearly.
Due to financial accounting acts for publicly traded companies in the US, sales such as these are not part of quarterly income. They sit as liabilities until they are redeemed (at which point they can be disclosed as Company income.)

Well 1 year is being redeemed now. Does that money go sit in an account until its used or can they use it but still "owe" the customer?
Old 12-23-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Renewals - yes.
Reinstatements - no.

Thanks musicman691 for the clarification...

Do you think it makes much sense to purchase multiple perpetual license renewals at this time?

I purchased 2 - applied the codes and it took me to the end of 2021

I noticed someone bought 5 reinstatements - and trying to figure out if the same rationale applies for renewals...

Thanks,

Sparky
Old 12-24-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Thanks musicman691 for the clarification...

Do you think it makes much sense to purchase multiple perpetual license renewals at this time?

I purchased 2 - applied the codes and it took me to the end of 2021

I noticed someone bought 5 reinstatements - and trying to figure out if the same rationale applies for renewals...

Thanks,

Sparky
I don't think that was reinstatements that were purchased but renewals. Whether purchasing a bunch of renewals makes sense - I don't know but I wouldn't do it. What happens if you decide to exit the recording world or give up on PT or buy the farm? You would have wasted money.

QAPLA!
Old 12-24-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterDecay View Post
Well 1 year is being redeemed now. Does that money go sit in an account until its used or can they use it but still "owe" the customer?
They cannot use it until it is redeemed. That's why it is termed as a liability. Those funds for the renewal subscription were in purchase for an exchange of goods however only one part of that transaction has been completed (transaction of funds.) Until the goods have been provided in return (the redemption) the transaction is incomplete. If Avid goes under today, all the unredeemed cards would have to be refunded from the money paid to them by the customers. It's the reason why the accounting laws for profit/loss statements are as they are for publicly traded companies when presenting to investors.

("Advanced sales" are used by companies in a different section to present their future earnings potential but it does not go to their current bottom line. It is the same as if Boeing made a sale to United Airlines for 30 planes in a fiscal year but have only delivered 3. They can only declare the profit of the 3 even if they've collected the funds to build 27 more. But they can tell the investors they have 27 planes on order with deposits to assure their viability as a company.)