Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2003, 03:26 PM

Default Affordable Plug-In Bundles?

[Sorry - newbie question]

Hi all.. I just purchased the Digi001 unit w/ Pro Tools and am not really satisfied w/ their 'default' plug-ins [anyone get good results?].

I was wondering if there were any plug-in packages out there that includes the basic effects [eq, limiter/compressor, reverb] and provides good quality results. I'd like to avoide spending a fortune though.. :] [the waves packages seem way too expensive for me] ..possible?
Old 01-30-2003, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Affordable Plug-In Bundles?

Try this out Timeworks RTAS bundle These plugins are totally overlooked. They are actually quite good and very affordable. I haven't bought them yet, but I'm going to very soon.

If you go to thier demo section, they have Windows RTAS plugs available for download.
Jayman #9
Old 01-30-2003, 03:50 PM

Ahh nice.. so this package should do it?

Timeworks ReverbX/CompressorX/ChannelX bundle for RTAS Windows/Mac $349
Old 01-30-2003, 04:43 PM

Download it, try it out. I was very impressed with the channel strip. It has a nice punchy compressor.
Jayman #9
Old 01-30-2003, 04:50 PM

Here's another plugin budle that is getting alot of buzz these days Blue Tubes They are coming out with PC RTAS versions very soon!!! I heard the VST version in Nuendo. They sound really good. People are compairing them to the Bombfactory plugs, but no, they are very different. But not worse though... just different. They are very usable. At an average price of $30 per plugin (if you buy the bundle), I think everyone is going to own these plugs! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Jayman #9
Old 01-30-2003, 05:00 PM

So will the blue tubes RTAS bundle be $300 [like the MAC version]? Does it include a reverb in the package, and when is it releasing?

Anyone [Mac users etc] have both versions and have a preference between the two?
Old 01-30-2003, 05:04 PM

No verb, but it will be $300. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Jayman #9
Old 01-30-2003, 05:13 PM

Wow, thanks for the heads up on those plugins. I didn't know they existed...
Old 01-30-2003, 06:24 PM

What about this bundle?
WAVES NATIVE POWER PACK
-or-
WAVES RENAISSANCE COLLECTION

Seems to be around the $250-$400 range as well.. Thoughts/opinions?
Old 01-31-2003, 01:32 AM

Waves Ren Collection gets a very big thumbs up from me. Yes, the RenVerb is a bit of a CPU hog, but IMO, it's the finest sounding RTAS reverb plug in available on the PC platform. Period. RenComp is also very good, and RenEQ is pretty much my first choice for EQ within Pro Tools. True, you only get these three things in the bundle, but they're high quality plug ins that you'll be able to use on a wide variety of material and tracks, and IMO, what they charge for them is a bargain.

The Nomad Factory stuff looks very interesting, and the comments I've heard from people who have heard them are very favorable. I have NOT heard them, so I'll reserve my judgement and comments until I have. But I will say this - if they sound half way decent, then I'll gladly throw down $300 just as soon as they release them for PC RTAS. Seems like a bargain for so many plug ins - if they sound good. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

$350 for the three Sonic Timeworks plug ins also seems like a fair price, again, if they sound good, and I have not tried them either. I see that they're available for PC, so I guess I'll have to D/L the demos and see for myself what I think.

And that's probably good advice for you too Hun Kim - download the Waves and Sonic Timeworks demos and see what you prefer the sound and features of.

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.