Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2015, 04:49 AM

Default HD thunderbolt native with logic X

I am a new avid user, just moved from motu to avid HD I/O 8x8x8 thunderbolt native, running on OSX 10.10 yosemite. It works fine with pro tool HD 12. Although the core audio manager is really horrible...I set up another interface for the host computer's output device.

In logic X, I cannot set my HDN as output device, even I cannot find the HDN in the scroll down menu in logic preference, but the input device set to HD native automatically. I have already closed pro tools 12 for sure before running logic X. Can anyone give me some hints? oh..avid core audio manager will open automatically when I open logic X, do I need to quit it manually. I doubt that logic X is not compatible with HDN when running on 10.10?
Old 05-11-2015, 05:18 AM

Default Re: HD thunderbolt native with logic X

You need to reboot the computer with HDN box attached, just the same as with launching PT. Once you reboot properly, LogicX should see the interface. Be sure to have the latest HD driver installed.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
You need to reboot the computer with HDN box attached, just the same as with launching PT. Once you reboot properly, LogicX should see the interface. Be sure to have the latest HD driver installed.
Thank you for your reply.

If that is the case, I have to reboot every single time when my work flow need to switch between logic and pro tool?? It is very tedious that avid not allow their HD interface work together with other apps at the same time.....
Old 05-11-2015, 10:56 AM

I use MBP with PT (HDN) and I do have to reboot every time I have closed the lid and re-opened it and launched PT only to find out HDN isn't recognised. It is all written out in the official documents. Just deal with it like I do -- sleep is just not being supported, period :P
Old 05-11-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I have tried what you mentioned above, the HDN do appear in the scroll down menu, it said the interface not available when I tried selecting it as output device.....I reopen logic again without reboot my mac pro, then the HDN disappear again. Isn't it the signal chain issue (i trun on computer => HD I/O => Logic X) ?
Old 05-12-2015, 07:52 AM

anyone can give me some hints please??

Perhaps I should give up osx10.10 and look for system downgrade to marverick or mountain lion....
Old 05-12-2015, 07:54 AM

Perhaps a clean install is required? I myself never upgrade OSX but always make a clean install. That is sadly the only way to avoid random problems like this.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Perhaps a clean install is required? I myself never upgrade OSX but always make a clean install. That is sadly the only way to avoid random problems like this.
Just tried it, still no luck. Isn't it Logic X running on yosemite don't compatible with thunderbolt interface is a known issue?
Old 05-13-2015, 06:27 PM

For what it's worth ... I know I'm on a different config, but my HD Native PCIe allows me to swap back and forth between PTHD and LPX without issue (providing the other is closed before launching the other)

Again, granted, I'm on Mavericks and 11.2.2, and PCIe not TB....

So is this a 12 thing? Or a TB thing? Or a Yosemite thing?

This is a known issue?

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz Hex, 32GB
EFI Flashed - 5 GT/s Modded 7950, Dual Apple 23"
OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)
Logic Pro X, DSP Quattro, Final Cut Pro X
Waves Mercury+SSL+AbbeyRoads
Trident S65 with embedded US-2400

Live:
2012 Mac Mini, Dual SSD, i7 2.4, 16GB