Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2010, 03:12 PM

Default "Second" M-Audio ProFire 610

I have an M-Audio ProFire 610 that in the audio window of Audio MIDI Setup, the ProFire setup app, and all software that uses the ProFire 610, labels the device as "ProFire 610 (2)" as if it is the second of two ProFire 610s attached. Note: I only have one ProFire 610, and have never had another one. BTW, in the MIDI window of Audio MIDI Setup, it is just called "ProFire 610" without the "(2)" in the name. I have tried repairing permissions, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver software multiple times, as well as deleting every plist file that seems appropriate for M-Audio and/or AudioMIDISetup, all with no success.

The interface seems to operate fine and I can't tell that anything isn't working, it is just an oddity in the designation. It wouldn't be a problem, except that I teach audio and use a lot of screenshots in my presentations. It would be nice to have the device list be "clean" instead of having that (2) in the device name. I guess I could do the Photoshop thing for my presentations, but it seems like it ought to be easier than that.

Any ideas where that name designation is or where it can be edited? Is there some preference file I've missed that I can delete? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, OS 10.6.4, ProFire 610 Driver 2.2.4, Firmware 1.0.1