Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Training

Old 08-27-2016, 06:50 PM

Default Where to start

I'm 22 and have been interested in a career in music for awhile. I've finally decided that I think I would fit in at a studio as a recording engineer; maybe one day a producer and/or have my own small studio. I've looked into the Recording Connection, which is basically a 6 month apprenticeship working 1 on 1 with your mentor in a real studio and it's available in most cities in every state. But then someone suggests not to worry about that and to just learn Pro Tools, find a course for it and get a certifcate. I've googled online courses and the one's I've found are all a couple thousand dollars (a little cheaper than the Recording Connection). Where do I go? I'm not sure what path to take to achieve my dream job, working with musicians in a studio.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Where to start

I just rolled my kid into a music school but that's because he's into EDM music production. I think for you, you should definitely roll yourself into one of these schools because you be literally learning from someone who is doing the job that you would like to do. Yeah it's pricey but I think you'll learn the essentials and that's what matters. My son is actually enjoying a lot so I'm happy. I was bitching earlier though :)
Old 04-11-2017, 01:48 PM

How do you "teach" someone to write hitmusic ??! Not possible. Becoming a great producer with the modas touch .. EXTREMELY hard. No one wakes up on day and says : I think I would be a great talent and would fit in to a studio Yayyy !!

You are either born with that talent or not so spending money to learn how to write songs is gonna be a waste of time and money. I have seen 50-60 people try that route and they all, no exception ended up doing other things as they can't learn how to have talent in writing.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-12-2017, 10:07 AM

Hi there,

If you'd like to learn more about how getting certification level Pro Tools training will help you achieve your goals, reach out and I'll be happy to have a chat about it with you.

Cheers,

Joe Bonilla
Avid Training Advisor
ProMedia Training: Pro Tools Training

888.277.0457 x86 Toll Free
954.826.9626 Direct
832.201.0384 Fax
[email protected]
http://www.ProToolsTraining.com

888.277.0457 x86 Toll Free
954.826.9626 Direct
832.201.0384 Fax
[email protected]
http://www.ProToolsTraining.com
Old 04-14-2017, 09:42 AM

It is not about if you picture yourself in a studio as a sound engineer. It would be the same as picturing yourself sitting in a space ship as an astronaut. These are highly skilled jobs, which require a lot of studying to learn all the basics before setting your foot into a studio or a space ship.

First, do your homework and learn, learn, learn. And not only which knob to turn in Pro Tools. Its about audio production, acoustics, electronics, software design, music, etc. There are plenty of books (way under a thousand dollar), you can borrow them for free from places called "libraries". Careful with YouTube videos. You can spend too much time ending up with wrong information if you don't know where to look for.

Did I mention learn,, learn, learn?
http://DingDingMusic.com/
YouTube Channel Music Tech Explained https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/