Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-17-2002, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Best and cheapest way to transfer camcorder film(tape) to a Digital film medium...

Also, Roy- get over to the Matrox 'site and check out their encoders...
HERE at about $600, it's a "video 001". All real-time, no rendering.

There are some users of earlier versions of the Hollywood Dazzle that have come to refer to it as the Hollywood Frazzle, so it's made me wary of them, much the same way when a hard drive gets the name "Death Star" you wonder, "Why do they call it a 'flood plain'?"

BRB knows his stuff, and if he says his Dazzle is working well, then perhaps they fixed ALL the bugs. I'm still cautious.
Old 08-17-2002, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Best and cheapest way to transfer camcorder film(tape) to a Digital film medium...

Thanks BRB and SK.....it's amazing how when you buy something cheap (my camera), you usually wind up paying far more in the long run...
Old 08-17-2002, 01:19 PM

I know. I got a $700 mic and needed a $6,000 pile of stuff to plug it into. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
You might want to join up onto the Sonic Foundry Vegas Video forum. Those people are a lot like the 001 for Windows crowd, and there is a search feature, too.
Old 08-17-2002, 03:06 PM

Stoney -

Thanks, and YES, The newer versions of Dazzle are FAR better than previous attempts!

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
There are some users of earlier versions of the Hollywood Dazzle that have come to refer to it as the Hollywood Frazzle, so it's made me wary of them.

BRB knows his stuff, and if he says his Dazzle is working well, then perhaps they fixed ALL the bugs.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

BigRedButton / Jackson Jackson
www.jacksonbjackson.com
Old 08-18-2002, 12:32 AM

Default Best and cheapest way to transfer camcorder film(tape) to a Digital film medium...

We have an inexpensive camcorder that uses the 'cassette', non-digital type film. Unfortunately, we didn't cross over to a digital camera before filming a lot of classic family stuff.

I would really like to get it into the pc, and wanted to ask you for some suggestions.(keeping price in mind). [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks so much, Roy

p.s.I know I had asked about bringing video into PT before, but I have to wait a couple of months on that.
Old 08-18-2002, 12:44 AM

www.dazzle.com

I've used the Dazzle system and it ROCKS! USB connect, analogue and/or digital media editing.

$179.00 on CompUSA.com - Link

BigRedButton / Jackson Jackson
www.jacksonbjackson.com
Old 08-18-2002, 10:01 PM

Roy,

I just recently bought a solution for the problem you describe. It is from a company called Pinnacle Systems (pinnaclesys.com). It connects through USB port, and does a great job. It cost me $50 or $60, I can't remember exactly.

It also includes the software, and you can put files in a number of different formats including .mpg, .avi as well as streaming formats- Real, Windows Media. I am happy with it.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
BillT
Old 08-18-2002, 10:04 PM

Roy,

It also has a great editing feature. I forgot to mention that in last post.

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

BillT
Old 08-18-2002, 10:15 PM

Hi Bill,
Man, I almost deleted this topic, but I had a feeling that I shouldn't yet...
Thanks! That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, especially price-wise.
Hey, I'm using some of those mondo Zildian cyms of yours on something I'm working on, and they are so strong, I have to hold em back. They work great in the piece, though. I still appreciate that too.

Anyway, thanks very much... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

~Roy
Old 08-19-2002, 08:59 AM

You say you didn't cross over to a digital camera until later.... does that mean you now currently own a digital camera? If so, then you can use your digital camera to convert analog signal to digital on the fly and shoot it right into the computer.