Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2002, 09:10 PM

Default sorry - totally OT, but...

Anybody know where to get a serious listing of available diaphragms for compression drivers online? Ive been lookng for a few hours, and lots of speaker parts sites, but none really listing replacement diaphragms. I am looking specifically for replacements for a late model Atlas horn driver (for my Leslie). Thanks..
Old 03-19-2002, 09:15 PM

Default Re: sorry - totally OT, but...

I don't, but a friend of mine, who plays a B3 with a leslie, might. I know he had to replace a driver not long ago, and found a great place. Drop me an email and I'll give you his contact info.

BigRedButton / Jackson Jackson
www.jacksonbjackson.com
Old 03-23-2002, 07:39 AM

I’d try CAE Sound in San Mateo, CA. They have all sorts of old Chroma Polaris, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Hammond, and Leslie parts. They’re well known for manufacturing Rhodes and Hammond parts that are needed by players, but are obsolete. This is a service center that handled a lot of the Grateful Dead’s gear.
www.caesound.com

Old 03-23-2002, 09:58 AM

Hey Matt!
Did you get this figured out? Just curious... (and sorry i couldn't help).

rh
Old 03-23-2002, 10:57 AM

Not yet, Roy. Thanks for the replys, folks...The driver in question was custom made for Goff Professional for Leslie speakers by Atlas (now EV). They no longer make them, and I don't want that squashy Jensen sound, nor do I want the new Goff titanium ferro-fluid drivers (yeachhhh!). I am just wondering if the diaphragm might be an off the shelf diaphragm (it is stamped with a part number) and was looking for a catalog source website where I could do some cross-referencing. It looks kind of normal for a 2" diaphragm- phenolic with a slightly larger gap to allow for the extended F.R. (goes down to 500 hz). Looks like any EV 2"diaphragm - there must be a replacement. Goff has been throwing the drivers out when they go, hence there is a shortage of replacements. It never occurred to them to replace the diaphragm.