Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2014, 01:04 PM

Default What should I expect after a Clean Uninstall?

I have had nothing but problems with ProTools 10.3.4 Slow response, Always getting the "Increase Hardware Buffer Size" even with only 9 tracks of drums and no plugins in use. Newer MacBook Pro External Thunderbolt HD and so on. I have been on the Forum and gone through everything possible but it still barely runs. I have been using proTools for over 10 years so I am very familiar with it. I am also disgusted with Avid's (Lack of) customer support. (Sorry for the rant!) I am going to do a clean uninstall and reinstall after I limp through this project. Can I expect issues with my iLok or will it be ok? Thanks!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:35 PM

Default Re: What should I expect after a Clean Uninstall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootjim View Post
I have had nothing but problems with ProTools 10.3.4 Slow response, Always getting the "Increase Hardware Buffer Size" even with only 9 tracks of drums and no plugins in use. Newer MacBook Pro External Thunderbolt HD and so on. I have been on the Forum and gone through everything possible but it still barely runs. I have been using proTools for over 10 years so I am very familiar with it. I am also disgusted with Avid's (Lack of) customer support. (Sorry for the rant!) I am going to do a clean uninstall and reinstall after I limp through this project. Can I expect issues with my iLok or will it be ok? Thanks!
Clean install will do nothing iLok related.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:50 AM

Default Re: What should I expect after a Clean Uninstall?

Thanks!