Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2011, 08:28 AM

Default ? - installation options-Virtual inst Content ??

hello-
I received my new PT9 (box version) software to install in my MBP computer(OS Lion).

I have a question regarding installing the "Creative collections options"which are these 3, (in the "Installation Options"):

1-Effects plug ins
2-Virtual instruments(installs 6 free virtual instrument plug ins from Avid's AIR group)
3-virtual instruments content (installs sample content for AIR virtual instruments)
----------
my question is do I need to install the #3(virtual inst. content) to be able to use the #2(virtual inst) ?
* it says on the booklet it may take up to 20 minutes to install the #3;
i assume it is a very large file, but the word "sample" content is refering to demos of the sounds or does it actually mean they are the samples needed to play the virtual instruments?
-reason i'm asking is that if they are just demos and examples, i'd rather not install them to save some space(htey must be huge files if they take 20 in to upload). **But I DO WANT to use the Virtual instruments .

thanks for any info.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:49 AM

Default Re: ? - installation options-Virtual inst Content ??

Yes you need to install the content.