Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM

Default Eleven Rack Editor Win 11 Boot Issues

I recently bought a new Win 11 PC after retiring my old PC with the eleven rack for over a decade. It was stable for a long time.

I was able to install the latest Pro Tools and Eleven Rack and drivers on the new computer.

When I installed the 11 rack editor, it caused my computer to go into a "loop" telling me there are errors and windows has to fix the error. I can't get out of this boot error. Any thoughts?
Old 02-25-2024, 12:47 PM
Avid

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor Win 11 Boot Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacygt777 View Post
I recently bought a new Win 11 PC after retiring my old PC with the eleven rack for over a decade. It was stable for a long time.

I was able to install the latest Pro Tools and Eleven Rack and drivers on the new computer.

When I installed the 11 rack editor, it caused my computer to go into a "loop" telling me there are errors and windows has to fix the error. I can't get out of this boot error. Any thoughts?
Sorry, it's not supported on Windows 11.
Final driver release is supported on Windows 10 20H2 with Pro Tools version 2021.3 or higher.
https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...n-Rack-Drivers

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 02-25-2024, 02:21 PM

Quote:

What are the *exact* errors?

If nothing else boot to safe mode, and try to uninstall what you installed.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post
Sorry, it's not supported on Windows 11.
Final driver release is supported on Windows 10 20H2 with Pro Tools version 2021.3 or higher.
https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...n-Rack-Drivers
I get it. 11r is old and not supported but there was a lot of money invested on that device. The 11r editor caused my new computer to keep resetting. I had to take my new PC for service.

Unlike my old mbox, I could get another mbox. What does Avid offer to replace the 11r?
Old 02-28-2024, 01:12 AM

I understand you like the Eleven Rack. I love mine (I have three, and a Fractal, and a bunch of amp sim plugins, and a few real amps, and far too many real pedals) but the Eleven Rack was killed off long ago. The core product team left/was pushed out of Avid over a decade ago. Avid licensed the Eleven toys to InMusic for use in their HeadRush products, if you want an next gen Eleven Rack that is it.

So it's clear as day and has been for ages that there is not going to be any more Avid guitar products. And there are a bunch of excellent product from other vendors in the market. Several of who have demonstrated impressive high-end/long term support, especially from Fractal. If you are frustrated with Avid over end of life/support for the Eleven Rack why would you want to buy something else off them? Go get a Fractal or a Kempler or something else if you want a great well supported product. And Mbox? The current Mbox Studio? There is just so much great stuff in the space as well and the new Mbox Studio has several issues that would keep me from buying it. You do realized you don't need to buy your interface from Avid?

If you want to keep trying you might be able to get the Editor to work on Windows 11, I think others have, you should search DUC and other forums. But eventually you might end up with the thing only usable as an outboard processor box. Plan accordingly, buy a spare, etc.

Avid needs to find a new CEO and they need to drive pulling together a strategy for where the company goes now. Avid has a bunch of product roadmap stuff they need to sort out amongst some really core hardware products. It would be a foolishly brave Avid employee who put their hands up in meetings and started suggested updating things for the Eleven Rack.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I understand you like the Eleven Rack. I love mine (I have three, and a Fractal, and a bunch of amp sim plugins, and a few real amps, and far too many real pedals) but the Eleven Rack was killed off long ago. The core product team left/was pushed out of Avid over a decade ago. Avid licensed the Eleven toys to InMusic for use in their HeadRush products, if you want an next gen Eleven Rack that is it.

So it's clear as day and has been for ages that there is not going to be any more Avid guitar products. And there are a bunch of excellent product from other vendors in the market. Several of who have demonstrated impressive high-end/long term support, especially from Fractal. If you are frustrated with Avid over end of life/support for the Eleven Rack why would you want to buy something else off them? Go get a Fractal or a Kempler or something else if you want a great well supported product. And Mbox? The current Mbox Studio? There is just so much great stuff in the space as well and the new Mbox Studio has several issues that would keep me from buying it. You do realized you don't need to buy your interface from Avid?

If you want to keep trying you might be able to get the Editor to work on Windows 11, I think others have, you should search DUC and other forums. But eventually you might end up with the thing only usable as an outboard processor box. Plan accordingly, buy a spare, etc.

Avid needs to find a new CEO and they need to drive pulling together a strategy for where the company goes now. Avid has a bunch of product roadmap stuff they need to sort out amongst some really core hardware products. It would be a foolishly brave Avid employee who put their hands up in meetings and started suggested updating things for the Eleven Rack.
I have a Fractal Axe FX as well. It's presets are way better than the 11r. It's really a great device.

But I like the programming aspect of the 11R and the flow in Pro Tools for studio work than recording with my Fractal unit. I also find the 11R amp sounds of the models more realistic especially the cleans.

I read all the forums on here about the 11r on win 11 and I spent many hours trying to get my new PC to work again (Im having the blue screen). I'm happy with the new Mbox studio. And the vocal tests I've done so far with the new Mbox have been pretty stellar. I was using the Mbox pro 3 for over a decade and this new one is actually great for me.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:43 PM

Not a dissimilar opinion of the Eleven Rack and Fractal products. I find it easier to dial in stuff with the Eleven Rack, it really covers enough of what I want to do with maybe some effects missing (but I can get all I need via Eventide plugins or pedals). The Fractal has some really impressive sounding stuff, but I find myself moving slower when using it, I used to think it was just familiarity but I'm not so sure. It is more capable and more complex to set up, or maybe I'm just dense. I love that Fractal has really great ongoing engineering and support and I will buy more of their gear in future.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Not a dissimilar opinion of the Eleven Rack and Fractal products. I find it easier to dial in stuff with the Eleven Rack, it really covers enough of what I want to do with maybe some effects missing (but I can get all I need via Eventide plugins or pedals). The Fractal has some really impressive sounding stuff, but I find myself moving slower when using it, I used to think it was just familiarity but I'm not so sure. It is more capable and more complex to set up, or maybe I'm just dense. I love that Fractal has really great ongoing engineering and support and I will buy more of their gear in future.
Fractal is really cool. Really impressive presets. I've had it for over 5 years. I like the metal sounds.

When I get my new PC returned (the 11r editor caused a problem in boot) I'll just use my 11R custom presets. I have a separate laptop that I can use to edit the 11r if needed. It still has win 10.

There are things for the 11r can do that isn't found on other modules. For example, for quick bass recording, I still use the 11R Ampeg SVT model. It's my go to live bass sound.

I've started to actually use Amplitude. I might go in that direction because the plug ins are direct into PT.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Fractal is really cool. Really impressive presets. I've had it for over 5 years. I like the metal sounds.

When I get my new PC returned (the 11r editor caused a problem in boot) I'll just use my 11R custom presets. I have a separate laptop that I can use to edit the 11r if needed. It still has win 10.

There are things for the 11r can do that isn't found on other modules. For example, for quick bass recording, I still use the 11R Ampeg SVT model. It's my go to live bass sound.

I've started to actually use Amplitude. I might go in that direction because the plug ins are direct into PT.
Ampeg makes their own SVT Suite plugin now that you can use in Pro Tools.

System Details
Old 03-29-2024, 02:36 AM

Quote:

I have 11R working with the editor, in pro tools 2023.12 and many prevoius versions in PC with win11. This is what I had to do to make it work, as far as I can recall:

Firstly: Installing the 11R driver also installs an old version of the PACE/iLok SW. It is the out-of-date iLok sw, that causes the problems in windows. This is how to work around the problem:
-download current version of iLok installer
-install 11R driver (also installing the old and bad ilok version)
-now before anything else, install the current verion of iLok.
-restart, and hope for the best.

Secondly: after installing the 11R editor, set it to run in windows compatibility mode for windows 8 (of try 7)

Thirdly: If the editor does not communicate with the 11R, dsable built-in realtek audio device.This may depend on your PC's HW.

/T