Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 12:22 PM

Default STRIKE / Problems

I purchased STRIKE about 3 weeks ago, but then I found out my computer didn't support the DIGI003 or STRIKE because the chipset was wrong. I found out I had to buy a new computer.

I purchased a new Sweetwater CREATION STATION, and got PT working (did both the 7.3, and the 7.3.1 update from Digidesign). Even my WAVES effects were re-installed without a problem. Now it was time to re-install STRIKE. So I did it, and also downloaded and installed the latest STRIKE update from Digidesign.

My problem now is that when I start using STRIKE... I'll suddenly get an extremely loud WHITE NOISE audio blast while the plug in is running... it sounds like something from a horror movie... a really loud blast of distortion. IT'S VERY CREEPY SOUNDING. It keeps going for a few seconds, then it dies down. I have no idea what is causing this. My computer is completely suited for running Pro Tools, since it is specifically designed for audio applications, and has passed the Digidesign requirements. Any ideas, anyone? I have no idea what to do.