Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-31-2021, 02:37 PM

Default Stuck w/ v 12.4 and laggy video

I bought Pro Tools perpetual, which limits my version of PT to 12.4. Unfortunately, 12.4 has documented video lag problems that is making mixing in some sessions nearly impossible.

Version 12.5 apparently fixes the known UI sluggishness, yet that update isn't available to me because my perpetual license ended with 12.4

I understand the subscription model, but it doesn't make sense that I have paid for a version with known bugs and shouldn't have to pay more to make the product I've already paid for usable. I'm not looking for new features, but simply a fully functional version of the product I've already paid for.

I don't want to go to a subscription model- doing so would force me to updrade my hardware, and other than the buggy PT software, my system does everything I need it to do.

What are my options here to get 12.5 without having to move to a subscription model? I've been a loyal Avid customer since way back in the DigiDesign days, but it's stuff like this that makes me want to jump ship.
Pro Tools LE 8.0.4
Old 01-31-2021, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Stuck w/ v 12.4 and laggy video

Find a reseller that still has Avid Support and Update Plan "reinstatement" codes available. That is more expensive than "renewal" code, but the latter will not work for you as you do not have active plan now.

After "reinstatement" of your support plan you will have access to any version released until now and 12 months to come. Be sure to "renew" before your plan lapses to keep getting updates.