Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 07:06 PM

Default Re: ProTools 2020.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Can you please click Claim your free gifts now! at the top of your products list? This is mentioned in avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/How_To/Melodyne-plugin-licensing but obviously needs better visibility.
Do you know what can happen for someone who already has Melodyne Editor 4 installed? I read that version 5.1 needs to be installed but since I was not planning to upgrade Melodyne anytime soon, so can I claim my essential gift without affecting my Editor 4 installation? Thanks for any insight... maybe I should rather ask Celemony...

Blink
Old 11-12-2020, 07:22 PM

I'm sure everyone knows that the problems we had earlier today (11/12/20) was a problem with Apples servers. For us, 3rd party apps weren't able to pass verification (whatever that means) which slowed them down to a crawl.
I guess they fixed it mid afternoon here on the left coast.

Anywho, anyone tried RX Connect in Audio Suite yet?
Just wondering if the issues I read about in a 9.1 thread have been resolved?
Old 11-12-2020, 10:14 PM

I was having similar problems with 2020.11. Installation was good, first launch was good, played around with it for a while and even got some business related work done. Closed PT and then MacOS started to hang big time. I couldn't programs to launch. Restarted, opened Pro Tools, same thing. Hanging and then MacOS would hang. I looked in the Console app and it appears the process "trustd" appeared to be stuck in error (-999 i think it was) which appeared to be looping. I tried turning off wifi, no luck. I

My current work around that appears to be working is that i disabled 'Optimize Performance at low buffer sizes", and *fingers crossed* so far so good. But this sucks though because I was looking forward to that function. Oh well, I didn't have it yesterday and I guess nothing is different today but Audio to Midi is pretty cool.

Dark mode is a bit TOO dark, maybe they should give an in between option.

Last edited by bluemoa; 11-12-2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: the grammer
Old 11-12-2020, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoa View Post
I was having similar problems with 2020.11. Installation was good, first launch was good, played around with it for a while and even got some business related work done. Closed PT and then MacOS started to hang big time. I couldn't programs to launch. Restarted, opened Pro Tools, same thing. Hanging and then MacOS would hang. I looked in the Console app and it appears the process "trustd" appeared to be stuck in error (-999 i think it was) which appeared to be looping. I tried turning off wifi, no luck. I

My current work around that appears to be working is that i disabled 'Optimize Performance at low buffer sizes", and *fingers crossed* so far so good. But this sucks though because I was looking forward to that function. Oh well, I didn't have it yesterday and I guess nothing is different today but Audio to Midi is pretty cool.

Dark mode is a bit TOO dark, maybe they should give an in between option.
The issues with starting applications were due to an outage at Apple’s end, not Pro Tools. Should be working now.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
The issues with starting applications were due to an outage at Apple’s end, not Pro Tools. Should be working now.
Ah great, whew. Upon further tests I've found that 'Optimize Performance at low buffer sizes' doesn't play well with some aggregated devices. I've been using Loopback and created an aggregate device with that and my Macbook built in I/O and PT didn't like that with Optimized Performance enabled. It's run well so far with just the internal mic and speakers aggregated though. I'm not throwing much at it, just making sure i don't get the pinwheel of doom.
Old 11-13-2020, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkofani View Post
Do you know what can happen for someone who already has Melodyne Editor 4 installed? I read that version 5.1 needs to be installed but since I was not planning to upgrade Melodyne anytime soon, so can I claim my essential gift without affecting my Editor 4 installation? Thanks for any insight... maybe I should rather ask Celemony...

Blink
+1
Mac Book Pro Touch Bar 2017 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7 - Pro Tools Ultimate - N° 2 HDX - C 24 - Pro Tools 12 HD - N° 02 HD i/o - Focusrite Red 16 Line - N° 2 UAD Apollo 8 Black series - Neve - Focusrite - Avalon - Millennia - Summit - Bricasti - Quested - Meyer - Universal Audio - Waves, Softube, Plugin Alliance, Slate Digital, UAD, etc etc.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:27 AM

We don't need (just) dark mode, we need for WORK:
-Multiple layers of markers.
-Super Impose ability on video track that will show TC, remarks, cues, adr lines. Hey, it's avid video engine after all.
-Bins or folders in the clip colllum to organize tons of clips.
-More options for re conform.

Please Avid, improve PT for our work flow, we work in post and it's so necessary.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:55 AM

Here is a good description and solution for yesterday's apple server problem:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...r-now.2267521/

EDIT: seems to be connected to some online certificate status protocol server at apple. Seems they're checking what you run on your mac via online certification?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online...tatus_Protocol
Old 11-13-2020, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
Will someone please explain how an issue at Apple's end affects starting applications (like PT)? I read the above linked to MacRumors thread but I still don't understand. Since when did applications phone Apple when starting? A certain OSX? I know there's Gatekeeper on first install of an application but this seems like something else.

QAPLA!
Old 11-13-2020, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by home_studio View Post
-Multiple layers of markers.
-Super Impose ability on video track that will show TC, remarks, cues, adr lines. Hey, it's avid video engine after all.
-Bins or folders in the clip colllum to organize tons of clips.
-More options for re conform.

+100, that sounds like a dream :)