How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2023, 02:47 AM

Default Protools 12.5 won't open with Monterey

Hi,
I recently installed Monterey (why oh why) on my mac and now my protools won't open. I have a perpetual licence and I don't pay each year and want to keep it that way. Can I install PT 2022 and stay on that plan? Any advice how to do it? Or advice on how to open my current protools 12.5?
thanks!
best
Budinski
ps, I've been away for quite awhile so hope I remember the best way to post. Apologies if not
Old 01-03-2023, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Protools 12.5 won't open with Monterey

Compatibility info here.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budinski View Post
Hi,
I recently installed Monterey (why oh why) on my mac and now my protools won't open. I have a perpetual licence and I don't pay each year and want to keep it that way. Can I install PT 2022 and stay on that plan? Any advice how to do it? Or advice on how to open my current protools 12.5?
thanks!
best
Budinski
ps, I've been away for quite awhile so hope I remember the best way to post. Apologies if not
No way. You are years behind with your version of PT I‘m afraid.

The only way to get PT to work on Monterey will be to upgrade your Perpetual licence. Sweetwater offer great deals atm, so this might be a good opportunity now. Check it out.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ort-for-1-year

You will get a Monterey–ready version of Pro Tools and updates for one year. After that year you may renew the update plan or stay with the latest update you will have received at this time. PT will keep on working because it is a Perpetual license but you will not receive further updates after that year without the renewal.

That‘s it.
There‘s no other way for you to use Pro Tools on Monterey but spending some money. Otherwise you have to go back to your older macOS or use the old computer with PT12.5 further on.

Anyway the best of success to you.

Cheers.
Old 01-03-2023, 03:41 PM

“ Compatibility info here.”

Further justification for researching BEFORE you make changes instead of after.