Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2010, 10:54 PM

Question Newbie Recording With Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 and Axiom 61 Keyboard

Hello Pro Tools World...

I just got my Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 DAW a few days ago, and I must say that I love it so far. I am having two probably minor problems with this DAW. First off, my virtual instruments have sounds and I am able to play my Midi Controllers to make the sounds, but when I try to record, no waves are coming up on the selected tracks. I am using NI Maschine with PT, and it is working almost flawlessly. The other virtual instruments do this as well. On the mixer channel, it shows the volume going with the sound. I am not able to get any wave or note patterns when I record. I was also wondering if Midi Learn could be done on the mixer sliders and pan, or is it something that can just be done on the virtual instruments. Any answer would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling that it is something simple that I am not doing! Thanks!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Newbie Recording With Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 and Axiom 61 Keyboard

Oh yeah, I forgot to give my specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
M Audio Fast Track Pro
M Audio Axiom 61
Native Instruments Maschine
Pro Tools M Powered 8.0.3
Old 05-10-2010, 07:24 AM

Lightbulb Re: Newbie Recording With Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 and Axiom 61 Keyboard

Are you trying to record to an "Instrument Track" or a Midi Track. Try creating an Instrument Track if that's not what your doing. This is what works for using a M-Audio Key Studio with say the Mini Grand or Steven Slate Drums...

If that's not the problem make sure that all your I/O options line up correctly and simple things like making sure the correct channel is armed. (not accusing you of making these mistakes just knowing that they happen to all of us sometimes when we're frustraited)

Hope the Instrument Track will do the trick.

Good Luck.
(2) Custom PCs w/Gigabyte Mother Board
Windows XP Service Pack 3 &
Windows 7
i5 Processor w/4GB DDR3 RAM
Western Digital 150G HD 10K RPM
Sea Gate 1.5TB HD 7200 RPM
Sea Gate 1TB HD 7200.12 RPM
Glyph 1TB External Drive 7200 RPM
M-Audio ProFire 26/26
Focusrite Pro 40 (Linked via Dig I/O)
Mackie Onyx 1640i