Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Public Beta: December 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I just got an email from Empirical Labs Inc, saying:

This was a reply on my asking about ARM AAX for Arousor and Arousor LT. Thanks to Willie @ ELI.
Thanks for chasing and reporting this one Ben. Pleased to hear they will be updated soon. My favourite comp.

Dominic
Old 01-01-2023, 08:13 PM

Something I found during the process of testing the beta.

I have been using PT2020.12 with expired supp/upd plan for the last two years, and I was a little afraid of what problems might appear if I tried 2022.12beta switching between them and with or without Rosetta.

Well, it seems no big issues resulted. Nothing worth mentioning.

I bought a month worth of PT subscription ($40) to try the beta. I put the sub license on my iLok, and have been playing around a bit for a couple of days. Today, I launched the old v2020 again, and after a rebuild of plugin database, and and an error about corrupted database of some kind (rebuilt itself), I'm back and running 2020.12 again.

I suddenly realized that I forgot to swap the license on the ilok. No problem. I'm running 2020 with the 2022 sub license. I din't expect that. Subscriptions aren't supposed to work for older versions. Apparently v2020.12 is okay.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Hang on. They both confirmed they use the JUCE platform to compile their plugins. We have no idea how much more difficult it is for those that don’t use that platform, of which their could be many.
If only we had a way to tell what plugins were built using JUCE... mmm I feel a shell script coming...
Old 01-02-2023, 08:58 AM

Having issues on 22.12 Rosetta mode where my plugins all reset to "set plugin default to factory." Changing them all back to "User" worked EXCEPT for Waves plugins. No matter what I do they all reset to factory. (All latest versions of Waves.)

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm on a Mac Studio M1 Max/12.6.2/PT Ultimate 2022.12
Old 01-02-2023, 12:11 PM

Just a heads up if you have any Audio Damage plugs. I got an email about an update to Dubstation 2.2.0 to 2.2.1. Anyway in the changelog it mentions:

Quote:
> Various bug fixes and improvements; built with all current SDKs and APIs.
Sho' nuff... after install the AAX plug in shows it can run M1 native. This may be true now for all the Audio Damage stuff, so if you have some, you might want to check and see if there are updates.
Old 01-02-2023, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdy gurdy View Post
Nice, for the Mac folks this link (hope it works from a couple of days ago) below is AAX silicon native plugin compatibility.
I think this is only for the ones that are now compatible and not an exhaustive list of what's updated soon and/or just didn't make this list or whatever.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...7N8x22ndlhcKF4

Len

Happy New Year everyone.

Thanks for the link and I just subscribed to that page for future updates.

22.12 Rosetta and 22.12 Silicon beta both seem to be working OK. I also did a scan with the Protools Preference app and it said that I have 791 AAX plugins. 420 showed to be universal(silicon) but as mentioned already, a few of them still don't load in Protools Silicon beta. I can't wait to get more of them working so I can really test the full performance gains. For easier testing I dub the Protools 22.12 app, renamed it "Protools Silicon", and then unchecked the "open using Rosetta" box. Both are locked on my dock and saves a step or two when I have free time to test the Beta.

I did get one error during testing when trying to open the playback engine and test the beta running at different buffer settings. I restarted the computer and the error hasn't popped up again. That was a few days ago (fingers crossed).

Could not complete the Playback Engine command because Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2022/r4/ProTools/AAE/Source/Dui/PED/PED.cpp", line 602.

"please stop OVER-complicating simple things"
Old 01-02-2023, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Steele View Post
Sho' nuff... after install the AAX plug in shows it can run M1 native. This may be true now for all the Audio Damage stuff, so if you have some, you might want to check and see if there are updates.
Umm... sorry folks. You might want to hold off going after the Audio Damage updates if you have any of those. I launched Pro Tools in native mode and got an error message saying Dubstation 2 was not a valid 64-bit AAX plug-in even though PlugInfo shows it has ARM code inside. Looks like Audio Damage may have some work to do yet?
Old 01-03-2023, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdy gurdy View Post
Nice, for the Mac folks this link (hope it works from a couple of days ago) below is AAX silicon native plugin compatibility.
I think this is only for the ones that are now compatible and not an exhaustive list of what's updated soon and/or just didn't make this list or whatever.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...7N8x22ndlhcKF4

Len
Thanks for posting. The list is not completely correct though unfortunately.

Apogee Digital–all … Clearmountain‘s Spaces and Softlimit plugin are neither showing up in Pro Tools nor listed as Universal but x64 only.

Eventide–all … 2016 Room is not showing up, Ultrachannel, Ultrareverb and Quadravox do work though.

Native Instruments–Kontakt, FM8 … Kontakt 7/7 Player only, although the had advertised Kontakt 6 to be ready and working a few months ago.

Valhalla–all … VintageVerb (which may be the most used and most important plug-in from Valhalla) again neither working nor listed as Universal but x64 instead.

Other brands not working at all even if they clearly said their stuff to be ready for PT Native as well.

So, if one have a problem with Waves or not, and no matter if they only had to get their shells Native–ready or each single plugin of their range, they are among the few vendors who did their job and they did it well.

All the Waves plugins and VIs were working flawlessly on PT2022.12 Native /macOS 12.6.2 from day one on. As well as all the UADs, Soundtoys, IK Multimedia plugins and VIs, Baby Audio plugins and few others.

Thanks to and Kudos for all those who not only were „talking“ and promising but simply got the job done as it was supposed to when we went to give them our money for their stuff.

As far as I‘m concerned I certainly will remember who were correct (in their infos at least) and who were telling us „stories“ next time I will look for new stuff or even updates.

Finally for the last time thanks to Avid for a great start into „Native“ and a cool Update.

Cheers everybody.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:48 AM

I am about to update. So please tell me: 2022.12 in Rosetta mode and OSX Montery - will the C-24 work?
Old 01-03-2023, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Bird View Post
I am about to update. So please tell me: 2022.12 in Rosetta mode and OSX Montery - will the C-24 work?
Yes. It is the Apple Silicon native which seems to be left without support.