Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2017, 04:13 PM

Default Space Licence disable after renewal

Hello, my friend Space plugin Licence is new disable after the annual plan renewal is there something else he needs to do to re activate it aside from paying avid ?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Space Licence disable after renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock999 View Post
Hello, my friend Space plugin Licence is new disable after the annual plan renewal is there something else he needs to do to re activate it aside from paying avid ?

Thanks for your help.
I don't use Space, but IIRC, that plug-in is part of the Annual Plugins + Support Plan renewal which is optional for Vanilla PT customers. If you only purchased the Annual Software Upgrade Plan renewal, then you won't get the Space plugin "rental" for the year. You can renew the Annual Plugins + Support Plan at any time without penalty, in which case you'll be able to use the Space plugin for another 12 months.

You could also just purchase a Space perpetual license if that's all you really need. There's one currently available on eBay for $150 at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-Space-A...UAAOSwVm5Y96Dx Also, buying secondhand licenses can be somewhat risky so only do so if you trust the seller.

HTH
Old 08-13-2017, 11:16 AM

As far as I know you need the 12.0 version if you have a perpetual Space and 12.1 version if you are on a plan that include Space plugin

Space is part of the additional value content in the Plug-In and Support Plan for Pro Tools and the Upgrade and Support Plan for Pro Tools HD. See the FAQ for more info.

Check and see if you have the correct version.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-14-2017, 11:21 AM

My Friend bought Pro Tool for about 800$ CDN now 12 mounts later he had to pay for the renewal at about 130$ CDN. and now you are telling me that he need to pay more to use what was in the original package.

For me it make no sense at all.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:59 AM

The bonus plug-ins are included for the first year.
Quote:
"Get access to Space, a high-quality convolution reverb plug-in, plus 16 jaw-dropping stompbox effects emulations—free for the first year"
https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...R-AV-PT12SB-00
You then have the option to renew the Upgrade Plan (to get Pro Tools releases) and/or Plug-ins and Support Plan (to continue using the bonus plug-ins).

Please see http://www.avid.com/pt-upgrades-and-renewals for more info.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:52 PM

WOW I just bought PT myself so I gonna make sure never to us any of those
plugins ... my UAD and Wave will have to do the job

In canada the upgrade and the support plan (99US) are about 129 + taxes each. cause we realllly love taxes here ... that`s over 300$ .

Sorry to say but Avid you are Greedy !
Old 08-14-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:

Sorry to say but Avid you are Greedy !

How does this equate to being greedy? No one calls the cable or dish company greedy for giving away limited time premium service to new signups. Why is it fair to apply different rules to Avid?

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 08-14-2017, 02:03 PM

I probably should have read all to fine print but the way it was explained to me Was If I upgrade the annual renewal plan I keep EVERYTHING that I originally got as long as I pay every years, and my friend tough the same thing so maybe there a little more work on avid side to make it more obvious for regular people.

and for your TV analogies The Cable Cie make it REALLY CLEAR from the start that the deal is for a limited time in there adds.

Anyway I will keep my opinion to myself but surely no going to pay extra for what should be included.

Thanks for your help
Old 08-14-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I probably should have read all to fine print but the way it was explained to me Was If I upgrade the annual renewal plan I keep EVERYTHING that I originally got as long as I pay every years, and my friend tough the same thing so maybe there a little more work on avid side to make it more obvious for regular people...
We can try to make this more clear, but the store page already states that Space and Stomp Box plug-ins are "free for the first year." Also, when the Pro Tools Upgrade Plan originally went live it was $199/year which included updates, bonus plug-ins, and support. Later that was split into two parts, upgrades vs plugins+support @ $99 ea. Perhaps whoever explained it to you was referencing the original plan (though it would have been the same price as buying both parts now).
Old 08-14-2017, 05:02 PM

Thanks for the info. but for me If I got the information first with the High Price of pro tool and the aditional 150 CDN to pay every years I probably would have stay with Cubase .... 300$ CDN every years for he home studio is just way tu much sorry.

I did just helped my friend renew is annual support/plugin plan he add already done some mix with space thinking that it was included in the renewal plan so he's stock he need it now but be sure we will be looking for a good convolution reverb.

Thanks for your reply