Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2019, 04:16 AM

Default Waves site news

User accounts and purchases are down due to server maintenance; there's a message across the top of their home page. Don't know when that went up. Which also means any Waves purchases through Audio Deluxe might not get their license asset/serial numbers any time soon.

QAPLA!
Old 01-01-2019, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Waves site news

Update:
Good news - Waves site back up. Also good news is the half off sale has been held over.

QAPLA!
Old 01-01-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
... Also good news is the half off sale has been held over.
LOL as per usual then

No worth in Waves plugins anymore.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-01-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Update:
Good news - Waves site back up. Also good news is the half off sale has been held over.
That's an awesome deal, I don't even care that people can't use my referral code (1 code max)
Old 01-05-2019, 02:51 AM

If only I wasn't tapped out. I've been wanting to upgrade a few plugin purchases I made to bundles. Now would seem like a good time to do it. Except I have no cash.

There's always a next time.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
No worth in Waves plugins anymore.
Maybe not as a financial investment, but they still make a lot of great audio tools. A cheap screwdriver that gets the job done has just as much worth as an expensive one.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 01-06-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
Maybe not as a financial investment, but they still make a lot of great audio tools. A cheap screwdriver that gets the job done has just as much worth as an expensive one.
Thats true but after getting shafted with their Mercury bundle just 2 years ago I have stopped messing with Waves plugins as we found better sounding and functioning stuff to move away from Waves totally. We still have the Gold bundle and a 12-14 single ones but i see less and less use for them nowadays.

However, I do agree that Waves have some very useful stuff for certain options and we will keep the ones we have as I doubt i could even give them away these days due to all the $29 deals that Waves make up ”event days” for so the prices stay as dirt cheap as possible. No one will ever pay full price for a Waves plugin again as IMNSHO Waves have short changed themselves with these sales and people will wait knowing that the price drops will soon be upon us again

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-06-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
Or free like the recent H-Comp freebie. Plopped it on a vi drum track that needed some help and voila

There's various pieces of the Abbey Roads bundle that make their way onto certain tracks/sessions because of the sound they impart. I wouldn't give them up. The AR TG12345 mastering console has been a good surprise. And a damn sight cheaper than the Brainworx masterdesk.

However there are things that are just taking up drive space I haven't used in a dog's age like C6 and the L3 limiter set since I got the Fabfilter Pro L2 and Pro MB.

QAPLA!
Old 01-07-2019, 10:39 AM

I have been buying Waves plugs here and there when they're on sale and have upgraded to certain bundles.

Used the half off sale to get Mercury upgrade for $300. I really like the Waves stuff.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 01-16-2019, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
I have been buying Waves plugs here and there when they're on sale and have upgraded to certain bundles.

Used the half off sale to get Mercury upgrade for $300. I really like the Waves stuff.
Well now you're screwed. There's not much left to buy after you get Mercury!! Haha!!

Mercury is probably the best value for money, because as time goes on an Waves updates it's bundles, Mercury tends to get most of the new plugins, except for Abbey Road, added for free. That's when periodically paying WUP will be worth it. $225 for $1,000+ added plugins.