Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-23-2009, 03:39 AM

Default stolen iLok nightmare

I followed the RMA procedure at Pace and now I have to ask all the manufacturers of plugs to send my authorizations to Pace.
The problem is that I'm in Italy and no one is answering the phone and the whole support system at AVID has changed and somehow I'm not even able to send an email from their support module system
Has anyone done this before? who do I have to talk to?
Administrator please help me I need to work with more than just the EQ3 and Compressor3 etc...
I have 7.000 euros worth of plugs that someone stole and they can't even use them anymore
thanks if anyone knows
Old 06-23-2009, 05:54 AM

Default Re: stolen iLok nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by urumita View Post
I followed the RMA procedure at Pace and now I have to ask all the manufacturers of plugs to send my authorizations to Pace.
The problem is that I'm in Italy and no one is answering the phone and the whole support system at AVID has changed and somehow I'm not even able to send an email from their support module system
Has anyone done this before? who do I have to talk to?
Administrator please help me I need to work with more than just the EQ3 and Compressor3 etc...
I have 7.000 euros worth of plugs that someone stole and they can't even use them anymore
thanks if anyone knows
Hi,

Have you got zero downtime? ilok will give you immediate replacements for 14 days till you get in touch with all the plugin vendors. (not all vendors participate in this?)

You can also purchase temp zero downtime for about $40 and again you will get an ilok with 14 day authorizations. i think you can purchase a new ilok and register it to your account and ilok will deposit the 14 day temp licenses, or they will send you in the post an ilok with the auths on. you should be up and running with temp licenses in 24 hours then you get 14 days to get in touch with all plugins vendors who will confirm with ilok that you own the plugins.

after 14 days the temp licenses stop working so you need to start contacting the plugin vendors with your registration details and purchase details etc

Any secondhand licenses like purchased on EBay and not registered might be a problem!!

You might have to prove you have reported the theft with crime reference number etc, but not sure about this.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:19 AM

Good luck with Sonnex/Sony, they told us that stolen was stolen and we had to re-buy...
Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 PM

This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff E View Post
Good luck with Sonnex/Sony, they told us that stolen was stolen and we had to re-buy...
and this...

Quote:
and this...

Quote:
Any secondhand licenses like purchased on EBay and not registered might be a problem!!
... is something PACE should clearly indicate at the site. There is nothing about what happens if your iloks get stolen, one might get an impression that it's not a big deal and zero downtime will get you going without any problems.
There are locks for laptops, is there a lock that could be used for Iloks? I have mine often connected to my laptop in a live concert halls and I constantly fear that someone can run away with it!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
There are locks for laptops, is there a lock that could be used for Iloks? I have mine often connected to my laptop in a live concert halls and I constantly fear that someone can run away with it!
For my Mac Pro I use a combination of items like the ones linked below. The carabiner lock (link #1) locks directly onto the iLok, and the coiled cable (link #3) is fastened to it. (The one I bought had a coiled cable already connected to it in manufacturing.) Then the other end of the coiled cable is connected to the lock (link #2) which then is fastened to the back of the Mac Pro built-in locking mechanism. (You have to flip the locking mechanism to put a padlock thru it.)

Sorry, I don't remember where I bought mine... I couldn't find it in any of the Google searching I did just now.

For a laptop, maybe something like this could be adapted and locked around the leg of the table holding your console.

http://www.oneinhundred.com/upfiles/...ne-5677644.jpg

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2...ck-5022-4-.jpg

http://www.catch22products.co.uk/ima...Cable_Lock.jpg
Old 06-28-2009, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the responses
I've found it impossible to get through the customer service grids of any of these companies and the phones are always busy
someone removed the smart cards from my 2 iLoks, I still have the iLoks but I've rendered them useless with the RMA process
I have Sony, DD, Sound toys, McDSP, Eventide etc.. from 2 Massive Pack purchases and the triple-d sony offer. (Sony refused to give me their reverb after the triple d purchase and i've still not forgiven them)
how do i get in contact now that DD uses AVID cs and Sony just seems like a bunch of pretentious twits
It's mind boggling
If at first....
Any help from anyone would be appreciated
No ZDT here
Shouldn't PACE beable to help a little more? Or is the world just full of pretentious twits?
Old 06-28-2009, 03:00 PM

The assets are saved on the iLok - not the cards... I can't even remember the last asset delivered on a card which slipped into the iLok...

If you still have the iLoks you should still have your licenses.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 06-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by urumita View Post
Administrator please help me...
You can use the online Support Center to start a case with CS.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff E View Post
Can an insurance broker provide theft insurance for ilok licenses ?

I think I should check. I don't have as much invested as urumita, but if someone stole my ilok I would certainly be pissed......and I definitely feel his pain.

But......if someone broke into a studio and stole an armful of expensive outboard gear I would hardly expect vintech, UA, or whoever to replace it....or should I??

I know it's different because gear is big and bulky, and an ilok fits in a pocket and the licenses are....well, kind of virtual and obviously easy to replace by the manufacturer.....
Old 06-28-2009, 08:47 PM

Thanks, I didn't know that they were on the iLok
but when I plug my Ilok in, it asks me for the card that'snot there anymore
Maybe there's something wrong with my browser but when I try to start a case (2 full days of starting and it gives me some kind of dead end page) so i tried calling the pay lines and my phone provrder won't let me use it
I don't know
If the licenses are on the iLok without the card, why doesn't it authorize my plugs and why does it ask me to stick the card back in?
I'm really grateful for the responses, it just seems like I'm damned and it's making me very angry
first, who took the cards out? and second, why am I having such a hard time resolving this?
I will be selling my HD3 Accel to a future employer, as i'm opting out of running a commercial facility and moving more into writing, playing and back to freelance. He would really like to buy the plugs too, I need to do some remixing and archiving before i sell it and since I've already mixed this stuff with these plugs and some other stuff befoere i had most of these plugs, I would like to close this chapter the way I want to
with all the nice plugs that i've bought
so, if they're on the iLok and I've done the RMA process, how do i get them on another iLok? Because as soon as I go to synchronize them, my iLoks will be disabled
thid is one hell of a Catch-22 and I don't believe that I'm one who desrves it.
Thanks again for the responses, if there's someone who can explain anything more I'd appreciate a hand up out of hell