Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2016, 06:18 AM

Default Re: EuCon and Mouse Conflicts on WIN7

Have you all contacted Avid support on this?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:44 PM

Did anyone ever figure out a solution for this or has there been any word from Avid? I just upgraded to Eucon 3.5 from 3.3 and I'm now having the same problems. Double click no longer works in some programs if Eucontrol is running, and some programs register a single click as a double. Everything returns to normal if I close out of Eucontrol. I've tried both a wireless and wired mouse and get the same problems with both. Anybody know how to fix this, it's driving me nuts!
Old 10-22-2016, 05:45 AM

I had hoped 3.5 would solve this.

This issue seems to be linked to 3.4 and probably the ProTools Control iOS App and however it connects to the system (since 3.4).

Hoping Avid have this on the list connected to Eucon, not just ProTools.
I'll re-open my support case to see if there has been any news.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:21 AM

Hi,

I have been experiencing the same problems as you guys did. I have a 27" touchscreen and a wacom tablet as well. It speeds up my workflow incredibly, as well as does the Artist Transport.

Since there was no other jog/transport wheel available at the time I bought it (wasnt too long ago), I have really gotten used to it. I cant imagine working without it. Its perfect for navigating around the session, zooming, etc... For an AVID product, it wasnt even that expensive, but now its discontinued since January 2016 to make people buy the overpriced ProTools Dock.

I have to say, I was incredibly disappointed and a bit relieved to find this thread after days of searching web for a reason why my mouse was always doubleclicking when my touch/tablet devices were connected. Relieved because I found the culprit. Dissapointed because it meant Id have to compromise my workflow - either no touch/tablet devices or no transport.

The good news is, I found a fix that works for me, and hopefully it will for you as well. If you look at the download section for EUControl on AVID Support website, you will see that the last version to officially support Windows 7 is v3.3.1. With versions 3.3.2 and newer, the official EUControl support for Windows 7 was dropped and only newer versions of Windows (8,8.1 and 10) began being supported. Since I rolled back to 3.3.1, no more problems with touchscreen or tablet or mouse, and I can use my Artist Transport as well. That is a MASSIVE relief, even though it shouldn't be. I paid for the hardware, I expect it to work no matter what other hardware devices I have connected.

I guess in order to make way for the support of Windows 10, some things in EUControl had to be recoded which now means goodbye to touch/tablet devices on Windows 7. That is if you're using anything Eucon enabled by AVID and want to keep updated.

If an AVID representative is reading this, Id just like you to know: Windows 7 is still by far the most used operating system on the planet (as seen here ). You can't just ignore people that are still using the most widely used OS with YOUR hardware controllers! If you think you can, then you're incredibly arrogant. And if not then fix it! Your software INTERFERES with other connected devices on the most widely used OS on Earth!!

Sorry, got riled up a bit in the end :) Hope the EUControl 3.3.1 works for you guys until AVID gets their **** together...
Old 10-24-2016, 02:15 AM

I'm having the exact same issue - my mouse misbehaves when eucon is active. I can't click on links in my browser, double clicks do not register. If I quit eucon via task manager, the problem goes away. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this might be resolved? It's frustrating!
Old 10-24-2016, 02:54 AM

Hi guys,

you have to stay at EUControl version 3.3.1. Its the last version that supports Windows 7 officially. I already wrote a lengthier reply here, but I guess it wasnt approved by the moderator. Anyways, 3.3.1 fixed the issue for me.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:52 AM

I think I remember having this on Win10 though too when I tried PT12 on the clean new install. Couldn't work with it due to the issues...

How is Alt-Tabbing working for you? That one is still broken here on PT11 Win10 since 3.4
Old 10-24-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Hi guys,

you have to stay at EUControl version 3.3.1. Its the last version that supports Windows 7 officially.
Are you sure about this. According to the release notes on the Eucontrol download page version 3.5 does support Windows 7:

Old 10-24-2016, 12:45 PM

Running 3.5 on Win7 here and have yet to notice any issues

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-24-2016, 03:44 PM

Which version of PT are you running?
What mouse/keyboard/trackball/??? interfaces are hooked up?

I feel like it has sth to do with those too.