Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2008, 03:24 AM

Default MPTK...shippable box only?

Did a search, but didn't find quite the answer I'm looking for.

Is the only option to purchase the MPTK the "shippable box" option? In other words, if I say...purchase from digi's store, can I download all facets of the toolkit from Digi's site, or do I absolutely need installation discs?

I assume digi would transfer the appropriate licenses to my ilok account upon purchase. True?

Reason I ask...I am currently abroad, and would like to utilize the toolkit immediately after purchase...and simply have the box shipped to my home address.

Thx...
Old 10-21-2008, 04:28 AM

Default Re: MPTK...shippable box only?

I want downloadable version too! Don't want to pay overprice to "dealers" in my country.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:43 AM

The digi site appears to have installer downloads for all aspects of the MPTK, so I think it's safe to say the installation CD's are not vital.

So, it looks as though it is not neccesary to have the "box" to utilize this product straight away. Am I overlooking anything?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Avid

Currently the MPTK is a shippable box only, due to the content size (if I'm not mistaken, there are a couple DVD's in there..) and because the registration and activation card for MPTK is required to get your authorization.

We're aware it would be good to have the option for automatic iLok deposit and that's something being looked into, though I don't have any timeline for when it may happen.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Installers for all 3 of the new toolkits will be available for download on the web when they are released:
  • Music Production Toolkit 2
  • DV Toolkit 2
  • Complete Production Toolkit
Boxed versions of all 3 toolkits will be available at Digidesign dealers, with boxed version of Music Production Toolkit 2 available from M-Audio dealers as well.

Boxed versions and download-only versions of all 3 toolkits will be available from the online DigiStore.

Upgrades from previous toolkits will be available on the DigiStore as download-only.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidesign View Post
Installers for all 3 of the new toolkits will be available for download on the web when they are released:
  • Music Production Toolkit 2
  • DV Toolkit 2
  • Complete Production Toolkit
Boxed versions of all 3 toolkits will be available at Digidesign dealers, with boxed version of Music Production Toolkit 2 available from M-Audio dealers as well.

Boxed versions and download-only versions of all 3 toolkits will be available from the online DigiStore.

Upgrades from previous toolkits will be available on the DigiStore as download-only.
Cool! I think the best situation would be to be able to buy the boxed version in the Digistore and get a email with the registration code so that you could download the core components via the web and start using it right away....

It's still nice to have the boxed stuff too.

Yeah I got a land line too

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-22-2008, 03:21 AM

Thumbs up Re: MPTK...shippable box only?

Digi,

Thank you for the requested information. In lieu of the response above, I have an additional query.

Does the projected release date of the new toolkits match PT8 (December 08)? Or, can Digi users expect to see these kits prior to the PT8 release.

Thanks again…
Old 10-22-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lbMike View Post
Digi,

Thank you for the requested information. In lieu of the response above, I have an additional query.

Does the projected release date of the new toolkits match PT8 (December 08)? Or, can Digi users expect to see these kits prior to the PT8 release.

Thanks again…
Your going to need 8.0 to take advantage of the new toolkit features so I would guess they wont ship until 8.0 does. By delaying it until 8.0 ships it gives the retailers and the Digistore additional time to clear the shelves of the older boxed stock also. Thats my guess.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Because the testing of the new toolkits is being done with Pro Tools 8, and PT8 is still in development, the toolkits will not be released before PT8.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:24 AM

Oh Digi why can't you give them the chicken before the egg?

Founder of the Expert Sites.